Macdonald-Stewart Library Building
809 Sherbrooke Street West
Montreal, Quebec H3A 0C1
Head Librarian, Schulich Library
Coordinate, lead, and manage the Schulich Library staff team on a day to day basis and liaise with teaching and administrative staff at a senior level in the faculties of Science, Engineering, Dentistry, and Medicine to ensure that the needs of users are well understood and responded to proactively.
- Master of Library and Information Science, Dominican University, 2001
- Bachelor of Arts (Italian Language & Literature), Vassar College, 1989
- American Library Association (ALA)
- Library Instruction Round Table (LIRT) Archivist
- Library Leadership & Management Association (LLAMA)
- Library Organization & Management Section (LOMS) Organizational Theory & Practice Committee
- Human Resources Section (HRS) Human Resources Management Committee
- Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL)
- Section Membership Committee
- Education and Behavioral Sciences Section (EBSS) Psychology Committee
- Instruction Section (IS) Advisory Council
- Instruction Section (IS) Membership Committee Co-Chair
- Instruction Section (IS) Member-at-Large
- University Libraries Section (ULS) Membership Committee
- L'Association des Bibliothècaires du Québec - Québec Library Association (ABQLA)
- Board of Directors
- Awards Committee
Holder, S., & Lange, J. (2014). Looking and listening: A Mixed-methods study of space use and user satisfaction. Evidence Based Library And Information Practice, 9(3), 4-27.
Holder, S., & Lannon, A. (2013). Going, going, gone: Management strategies for time and staff when there is little of either. In Time and project management strategies for librarians. C. Smallwood, J. Kuhl, & L. Fraser (Eds.). Lanham, MD: Scarecrow Press.
Holder, S. (2012). Academic curriculum collections in North America: A comparative survey. In Library collection development for professional programs: Trends and best practices. S. Holder (Ed.). Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
Lannon, A., Holder, S., & Colosimo, A. (2012). Walking the walk, talking the talk: A learning-centered approach to the design of a workshop on teaching for McGill librarians. Practical Academic Librarianship: The International Journal Of The SLA Academic Division 2(2), 18-35.
Holder, S. (2010). History and evolution of credit IL courses in higher education. In Best practices for credit-bearing information literacy courses. C. Hollister (Ed.). Chicago, IL: Association of College & Research Libraries.
Attebury, R., & Holder, S. (2008). New liaison librarians: Factors influencing confidence levels and the type of activities undertaken. E-JASL: The Electronic Journal of Academic and Special Librarianship.
Selected talks and presentations
Colosimo, A., Holder, S. & Lannon, A. Collaborating outside the box: Partnering beyond the library to design a better workshop. Concurrent conference session. Libraries as Learning Places: L'Association des Bibliothècaires du Québec - Québec Library Association 78th Annual Conference, Montréal, Québec, May 2010.
Colosimo, A. & Holder, S. Meet your personal search engine: the Liaison librarian from poster child to research peer. Concurrent conference session. Investir le monde numérique: Premier congrès des milieux documentaires du Québec, Montréal, Québec, November 2009.
Cavanagh, M., Freund, L., Holder, S., & Nilsen, C. Education for future reference: A points-of view panel. Panel presentation. Reference Renaissance: Current and Future Trends, Denver, Colorado, August 2008.
McGill Librarian Excellence Award 2014