Supports teaching, learning, and research in the history and social studies of medicine, with particular emphasis on rare books and special collections. Responsible for overseeing Osler Library archival collections.
- PhD, History, McGill, 2016 (expected)
- MLIS, Archives, McGill, 2010
- MA, Medieval Studies/Book History, Toronto, 2008
Areas of interest
- Rare books and special collections
- Digital humanities
- Book history and manuscript studies
- Latin codicology and paleography
- Medieval Academy of America
- Rare Books and Manuscripts Section of the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL)
- RBMS Publications Committee
- RBMS Membership and Professional Development Committee
- American Association for the History of Medicine
Awards, honours, and fellowships
- Newberry Library/Ecole nationale des chartes Exchange Fellowship (2010-2011)
- Provost Graduate Fellowship, History Department, McGill University (2010)
Selected papers and presentations
"Revisiting the Library as Laboratory at the Osler Library," co-authored with Christopher Lyons. In Meetings with Books: Special Collections in the 21st Century, ed. by Jillian Tomm and Richard Virr. Montreal: McGill University Library and Archives, 2014.
"Specular Art and Science: Mirror Metaphor in Medieval Alchemical Texts." In Specular Reflections: The Mirror in Medieval and Early Modern Culture, ed. Nancy Frelick, Chantal Phan, and Juliet O'Brien. Turnhout: Brepols, forthcoming.
Review of Herbs and Healers from the Ancient Mediterranean through the Medieval West: Essays in Honor of John M. Riddle, ed. Anne Van Arsdall and Timothy Graham. British Journal of the History of Science 47, no. 2 (June 2014): 369-371.
"A Physical Artifact of a Lively Scientific Culture of the Late Middle Ages." Osler Library Newsletter no. 16 (Spring 2012).
"Anatomy Theaters, Legal Dramas, and Landscape Staging: Unexpected Performances in Special Collections," with Svetlana Kochkina and Jennifer Garland. Rare Books and Manuscripts Section of the American College and Research Libraries Preconference, July 2013.
"In hoc antiquo libro: A Study of Osler Library MS 480 (De anima in arte alchemiae)." 47th International Congress on Medieval Studies, Western Michigan Univ., May 2012.