1. Why was my document deleted?
I see the message: "Unable to retrieve document: The document has been deleted."
The document has been automatically deleted because the limited access period has expired. In conformity with Canadian Copyright Law, your document is available for 5 days from the date first viewed.
- ILL Borrowing: 514-398-4732
- ILL Lending: 514-398-4731
- For McGill students and faculty: colombo [dot] library [at] mcgill [dot] ca
- For external libraries (general messages only) colombo-ill [dot] library [at] mcgill [dot] ca
- Civic address
- Central Interlibrary Loan Service
McGill University Library
- Search multiple university and other library catalogues simultaneously
- Request items not held at McGill Library
- Track the progress of any request made
Search multiple library catalogues, locate the item you want to borrow, then request it.
There are two ways to borrow material not available at the McGill Library.
Students and faculty may obtain a CREPUQ card in order to borrow in person at other Canadian university libraries.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) borrowing requests for users served by the Life Sciences Library are now handled by the McGill Library’s Central interlibrary Loan Service, using the Colombo interlibrary loan system.
The Colombo ILL page is located at
Please update your links and bookmarks.