- McGill alumni must purchase a McGill Library Borrowing Card in order to borrow items from the Library.
- Cost for alumni: $50 for 6 months or $100 for 12 months.
- McGill Library Borrowing Cards are valid in all McGill branch libraries, subject to the borrowing policies of individual collections.
- A McGill Library Borrowing Card may only be used by the person to whom it is issued.
- The expiration date is calculated from the date of payment.
- Fines or other sanctions are imposed for late returns and cards may be cancelled if misused.
Logging on to access e-resources
Please note that when you click on any of the e-resources below, you will be prompted to log in using your McGill alumni username (generally firstname [dot] lastname [at] mail [dot] mcgill [dot] ca) and password. If you do not have an alumni username and password, register with the McGill Alumni Online Community.
All university graduates have memories of using the library. You may remember the look and feel of “your” chair and desk, the people who sat near you, or recall the materials you used. The Library is, and has always been, central to student life and learning. Today’s library at McGill has become a 24-hour hub. With its high-tech look and feel and high-touch services, the library may look a little different, but its mission remains unchanged – the advancement of teaching, learning, research and community service.