- McGill users only
- Open access resource
- Free resource
- In-library-use only
- Catalogue record
If you are not sure what your topic is all about, look it up in a dictionary or encyclopedia. Start with:
- Dictionary of computing
- Dictionary of the internet
- Encyclopedia of computer science
- Free On-Line Dictionary of Computing
- Wiley encyclopedia of computer science and engineering
Search tips for the library catalogue
|Truncation symbol:||?||e.g. model? will retrieve catalogue records containing the words model, models, modelling, modeling, etc.|
|Phrase searching:||"___"||e.g. "artificial intelligence" will retrieve catalogue records containing the phrase artificial intelligence|
|Boolean operators:||(), AND, OR, NOT
|e.g. conceptual AND (modelling OR simulation) will retrieve catalogue records containing the word conceptual AND either modelling OR simulation|
3.1 Core databases for Computer science
- ACM Digital Library
Full text source for journals, conference proceedings, special interest groups and upcoming conferences of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) and other affiliated organizations.
- IEEE Xplore
Full text of IEEE/IEE journals, conferences, standards, and books.
Indexes over 4000 journals, 2000 conference proceedings as well as books, reports and dissertations.
3.2 Additional databases for Computer science
- Computer Database
News and reviews on computer-related products, such as hardware, software, electronic devices, etc.
- Web of Science
Multidisciplinary - Indexes more than 7500 journals. Includes citation analysis information.
Multidisciplinary search engine for all of Elsevier's articles and indexing databases. Indexes more than 15000 journals.
Provides access to Mathematical Reviews and Current Mathematical Publications.
- ProQuest Dissertations and Theses
Covers dissertations at U.S. institutions; selectively covers Masters theses, Canadian and other dissertations.
- Applied Science & Technology Full Text (Wilson)
Provides convenient access to sources in applied science and technology — much of it from peer-reviewed journals.
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Safari Books Online
Includes all publications from O'Reilly
The first time registration with a valid McGill email address is required.
- SpringerLink eBook collection
- Wiley Online Library
- SIAM Journals and Ebooks Online
- Google Scholar
Open access search engine focuses on computer science.
- Computer Science Student Resource Site by William Stallings
A collection of refreshers, how-tos, and research guides.
- IEEE Computer Society
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Computing Research Association
- McGill's School of Computer Science
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM)