- Transport - articles and reports from worldwide sources, including OECD and TRIS (Transportation Research Information Services).
- SOURCEOECD - Search for "Trends in the Transport Sector" to view annual reports from 1976 - present.
- Business Source Complete - Articles from business and management journals including articles on transportation trends and policies.
- ABI/Inform (ProQuest) - Articles from business and management journals including articles on transportation trends and policies.
- North American Transportation Statistics Database
- Mergent Public Utilities & Transportation Manual - Available through Mergent Web Reports. Earlier editions (back to 1917) available in print.
- Greater Montreal Area Transportation Management Plan
- Transport Canada Acts and Regulations - federal government site, includes research and statistics on safety, innovation and use.
- Transport Canada- Policy, Research, & Statistics– web resources on transportation research in Canada, provided by the federal government.
- Statistics Canada - Search Cansim and the census for statistics on transportation habits, industry values and more.
U.S. Research & Statistics
- BTS (Bureau of Transportation Statistics) – US transportation statistics, including air, freight and ground information.
- American Public Transit Association - Statistics on ridership and fares and other indicators.
- US Highway Statistics - form US Bureau of Public Roads.
- TRIS Online – National Transportation Library with full-text articles on many transportation-related subjects (US).
- TRB (Transportation Research Board) – reports, announcements and research completed by the TRB (a division of the US NRC).
- ITE (Institute of Transportation Engineers) – full text access to the organization’s journal, and other research on transportation safety, planning, and standards (US).
- National Transportation Safety Board Studies – includes reports on safety and other issues.
Airline Industry Resources
- Air Transport Association of America - Industry overview and outlook.
- Air Travel Consumer Report - annual report from the US Department of Transportation.
- Maintenance Cost Task Force - from IATA - includes Maintenance Cost Report
International Research & Statistics
- United Nations Economic Commission for Europe, Transport Division - Look for "Main Transport Indicators" 2009.
McGill Library research guides
See these additional research guides for supplementary information: