Jessica [dot] Lange [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Email) • 514-398-4690 x00871
- McGill users only
- Open access resource
- Free resource
- In-library-use only
- Catalogue record
- Business Source Complete (EBSCO) - Articles in business and management journals.
- ABI/Inform (Proquest) - Articles in business and management journals.
- Conference Board of Canada - Reports, articles and videos on human resources and industrial relations.
- EconLit - Articles on labour markets, trade unions, labour economics, wages, and more.
- Labordoc (ILO) - Articles on labour and employment in developing and transition countries. Many articles in French and Spanish.
Government Sites & Statistics
- Canada Industrial Relations Board
- Ministère du Travail du Québec (Quebec Ministry of Labour) - Available only in French
- Institut de la statistique - Quebec statistics
- Commission des relations du travail (Quebec) - Available only in French
- Statistics Canada
- US Department of Labor
- National Labor Relations Board (US)
- LABORSTA (ILO) - International labour information and statistics
- SourceOECD - Click the Statistics tab for employment data by region
- Canadian Labour Relations & Employment Topics - Updated monthly. Statistics on working conditions, compensation, a collective bargaining calendar, arbitration abstracts amp; more *NOTE: Works only in Internet Explore
- Labor and Employment Relations Association (LERA) News
- Canadian Newsstand - Canadian news publications.
- CBCA Complete - Canadian publications, good for local coverage.
- Factiva - International news.
- Repère - French-language articles covering Quebec, Canada and Europe.
Laws, Legislation & Standards
- Industrial Relations Legislation in Canada - Summary charts of federal/provincial industrial relations legislation.
- Canadian Labour Relations & Employment Topics - Canadian federal and provincial legislation, case law, and commentary on topical areas in business and labour relations *NOTE: Works only in Internet Explorer*
- Canadian enviroOSH Legislation - Health, safety and environmental legislation and standards.
- Negotech - Search collective agreements held by HRSDC and settlement reports for all collective agreements covering 500 or more employees.
- CanLII - Canadian and provincial legislation, laws and court/tribunal decisions.
- Labour Spectrum (Canadian Labour Law Library) - Contains law decisions and commentary, including labour arbitration cases and summaries.
- Legal Information Institute - American laws and legislation, made available by Cornell.
Directories of Labour Unions
- Directory of Canadian Labour Organizations - HRSDC
- Directory of U.S. Labor Organizations (2006)
- Global Union Links (AFL-CIO)
Dictionaries and Encyclopedias
- Roberts' Dictionary of Industrial Relations (1994)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Labor History Worldwide (2004) - Covers over 300 events in labour history over the last 200 hundred years.
- Best HR/IR web sites (U of Toronto) - Links to many IR sites on a variety of topics, including labour history, unions & collective agreements.
- SocioSite Industrial Relations Links (U of Amsterdam) - International.