Principal article databases
- Business Source Complete (EBSCO) - Articles in business and management journals.
- ABI/Inform (Proquest) - Articles in business and management journals.
- Conference Board of Canada - Reports, articles and videos on human resources.
- PsycInfo - HR & OB articles from a psychological viewpoint, such as work life balance, diversity in the workplace, & management challenges.
News on HR & OB
- Canadian Newsstand - Canadian news publications.
- CBCA Complete - Canadian publications, good for local coverage.
- Factiva - International news.
- Repère - French-language articles covering Québec, Canada and Europe.
You can also search the full text of individual journals.
- Harvard Business Review
- Canadian HR Reporter
- European Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology
- Human Relations
- Human Systems Management
- International Journal of Cross-Cultural Management
- Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology
- HR Magazine
- Journal of Organizational Behavior
- Leadership Quarterly
- Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes
- Organization Science
- Institut de la statistique - Quebec statistics
- Statistics Canada
- Bureau of Labor Statistics - Employment and workforce statistics for the U.S.
- LABORSTA (ILO) - International employment and workforce statistics
- EIU WorldData - Employment rates and commentary by country
- SourceOECD - Click the Statistics tab for employment data by region
- ICPSR - Database containing data from various studies worldwide, including organizational behaviour.
Tests & Measures
- U of Texas - Tests and Measures in the Social Sciences - Search for test descriptions. Once you find a test, look it up in our databases or library catalogue.
- Health and Pyschosocial Instruments (HaPI) - Check the "Primary Source" box to limit to results to the actual test.
- PsychInfo - Click the "Search Fields" tab, then click the "Tests & measures" box; enter your keyword and click Search.
- Measures of job satisfaction, organisational commitment, mental health and job-related well-being
Law & Legislation
Dictionnaires, Encyclopedias & Handbooks
- Dictionary of Human Resources Management
- Human Resources Management in Canada - Procedures, policies, best practices, checklists, laws, cases and economic indicators. Updated monthly.
- International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences
- International Review of Industrial and Organizational Psychology - Annual summary of research. Topics covered include flexible work, training, workaholism, teams, recruitment, leadership development and more.
- Best HR/IR web sites (U of Toronto) - Links to many HR sites on a variety of topics, including statistics, work-life balance, pensions, safety, & training.
- Human Resources & Skills Development Canada - Federal government site; includes articles, statistics and tools.
- Workplace Mag - Tips & tools for HR professionals in Canada.
- ORHRI (Ordre des CRHA et CRIA du Québec) - Association for HR professionals in Quebec.
- See the Career Resources guide for information on jobs, the job market, duties and average wages, etc.