Canada - Demographics
- PMB Online
Results of Canadian consumer surveys with responses broken down by age, income, city, education, family type, etc. See this video or the PMB Online Database Guide for how to read a report.
- Simply Map
Create maps and reports using Canadian demographic, business, and marketing data. Note: You must register for account. Limited to 5 users/time.
- Statistics Canada
Census and other StatCan surveys including household spending.
- FP Markets. Canadian Demographics.
City-level data for broad categories of household expenditures, as well as average disposable income, buying power etc.
- Regional Profiles - Institut de la statistique Quebec
Quebec and Montreal data.
- Passport GMID (Euromonitor)
Consumer demographic data and related trends.
Covers ecommerce, technology, and social media. Click the "browse & filter" tab and select "demographics" for information by age, education level, etc. Visit the eMarketer help centre for how to guides.
- Community Information Database
Provides maps of demographic and socioeconomic data at the national, provicial and city-level.
- GeoSearch 2011
Using data from the 2011 census, provides age, langauge, population density, and population change at the various levels of granularity (cenus subdivision, census tract etc).
- Consumer Expenditure Survey (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
Buying habits of American consumers by age, geography, income, etc. See books published under the Who’s Buying Series for analysis and further tables based on this survey.
- US Census
Stats on U.S. population such as household characteristics, income and more.
- Who's Buying by Age
Covers technology & communications. Click the "browse & filter" tab and select "demographics" for information by age, education level, etc. Visit the eMarketer help centre for how to guides.
- iPoll (Roper Center)
Results of US public opinion polls conducted by the Roper Center for Public Opinion Research. Requires an initial free registration using your McGill email address. Note: this resource is only available to those that use their McGill University email address.
- Passport GMID (Euromonitor) - International consumer demographic data and analysis of related trends.
- Business Source Complete (EBSCO)
- ABI/Inform (ProQuest)
- eMarketer - Covers ecommerce, technology, and social media. Click the "browse & filter" tab and select "demographics" for information by age, education level, etc. Visit the eMarketer help centre for how to guides.
Buying guides & consumer rights
- Canadian Consumer Information Gateway
By Consumers Union, an independent, nonprofit testing and information organization
- Federal Consumer Information CenterMaintained by U.S. General Services Administration.
- National Consumer League [U.S.]
Maintains consumer education programs and promotes fair marketplace practices by opposing exploitive labour by children in sweatshops.
Includes index (1995- ) to Québec government consumer magazine.
- Québec Office de la protection du consommateur