- Canadian Corporate Reports – Index of historical Canadian annual reports held at McGill University. The collection, which traces many companies back to the 19th Century, consists of annual reports of approximately 2,000 Canadian corporations in all business sectors.
- Mergent Archives - locate annual reports of Canadian companies.
- Canadian Corporate Reports On Microfiche - a complement to our collection of physical annual reports, the microfiche collection contains annual reports of selected Canadian companies during the 1980s and 1990s.
- Proquest Historical Annual Reports – Annual reports going back to 1844 for over 800 companies (primarily American companies).
- Please note that the physical copies of these reports are currently out of the library being digitized and thus cannot be consulted at the current moment.
Many financial statements can be found in the annual reports tab. You may also try:
- Mergent Webreports : Contains company financial statements back to 1910 retrievable by broad industry or company. Digitized copy of the Moody’s Industrial Handbook.
- Financial Post– Survey of Industrials – Contains key financial figures for Canadian companies, 1929-1999.
- Financial Post Investment Reports (Yellow Cards): Financial summaries of Canadian companies going back to the 1960s. Available in print on the fourth floor of the McLennan Library building in Rare Books and Special Collections.
michael [dot] david [dot] miller [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Email)• 514-398-7440
- Financial Times Historical Archive : Covers 1888-2006
- Wall Street Journal (Proquest Historical Newspapers) : Covers 1889- 1993
- The Times Digital Archive (UK): Covers 1785-1985
Researching old stock certificates
For more information on how to research certificates see: