- McGill users only
- Open access resource
- Free resource
- In-library-use only
- Catalogue record
Sources for background information
- Dictionary of Ecology
- Dictionary of Environment and Conservation
- Encyclopedia of Earth
- Encyclopedia of Ecology and Environmental Management
- Encyclopedia of Environmental Ethics and Philosophy
- International Encyclopedia of Human Geography
- The Oxford Companion to Global Change
Searching the library catalogue
|Truncation symbol:||?||e.g. sustainab? will retrieve catalogue records containing the words sustainability OR sustainable|
|Phrase searching:||"___"||e.g. "Environmental Protection Agency" will retrieve catalogue records containing the phrase Environmental Protection Agency|
|Boolean operators:||(), AND, OR, NOT |
|e.g. recycling AND (Canada OR "United States") will retrieve catalogue records containing the word recycling AND either Canada OR the phrase United States|
Library Catalogue subject headings of interest (click and retrieve books and films on these topics)
- Campus planning -- environmental aspects
- Consumption (environment) -- environmental aspects
- Economic development -- environmental aspects
- Education -- environmental aspects
- Environmental economics
- Environmental education
- Green technology
- Local transit -- environmental aspects
- Political ecology
- Sustainability -- moral and ethical aspects
- Sustainable architecture
- Sustainable design
- Sustainable development
- Technological innovations -- environmental aspects
- Universities and colleges -- environmental aspects
Focuses on human impact on the environment. Topics covered include green issues, global climate change, green building, pollution, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, recycling, and more.
Devoted to the study of sustainability and the environment and provides access to academic articles, news articles, background information, video, primary source documents and statistics.
- PAIS International
Covers global public policy, social issues, demography, environmental studies, general social sciences.
- ProQuest Environmental Science Collection
- ABI/Inform Global
General management and business database covering many sustainability issues.
- CBCA Complete
Covers Canadian business and current affairs; includes some newspaper sources.
- Google Scholar
Searches scholarly literature across disciplines and sources.
Multidisciplinary database with excellent coverage of the sciences.
- Web of Science
- Ville de Montréal - Développment durable
- Environment Canada
- Recyc-Québec (French)
- Développement durable - Développement durable, Environnement et Parcs Québec (French)
- United Nations Environment Programme
- United States Environmental Protection Agency
- Canadian Newsstand (ProQuest)
A searchable full-text database of major Canadian daily newspapers. Major titles include Calgary Herald (1988-), Edmonton Journal (1989-), Halifax Daily News (1990-), Montreal Gazette (1985-), National Post (1998-), Ottawa Citizen (1985-), Toronto Star (1985-), Vancouver Sun (1987-).
Canadian and international news sources. Search by date, newspaper, author, keyword, subject.
Local and international news and legal sources.
Browse recent newspapers from around the world as if you were browsing their print counterparts.
- Campus Sustainability Discussion Forums - Association for the Advancement of Sustainbility in Higher Education (AASHE)
- Canada Green Building Council
- Environment Canada
Nonprofit involved in consulting, awareness building, and research projects
- Ressources sur le développement durable
Online directory for sustainable development published by La Maison du développement durable (French)
Broken down into eight categories: food and agriculture; responsible consumption; major issues; housing and contruction; horticulture and greening; waste; transportation
- McGill Sustainability Office