WorldCat Local - Library catalogue
- Finding Books, etc
Use WorldCat to find books, journals, articles, and other resources, in both print or electronic format. Your search will cover McGill's entire collection of resources, and can be expanded to include the collections of libraries worldwide.
Classic - Library catalogue
- Finding Books, etc
Use the classic catalogue to search for print books, journals, DVDs, and other items that are in McGill's collection.
- PsycINFO 1987- (OvidSP) - PsycINFO is the primary database for psychology. It covers the professional and academic literature in psychology and related disciplines, including medicine, psychiatry, nursing, sociology, pharmacology, physiology and linguistics.
- PsycArticles (APA) - PsycArticles is a full-text database of journals published by the American Psychological Association and other publishers in subject areas such as applied psychology, health, theory, research, and social/personality.
- Health and Psychosocial Instruments (OvidSP) - Comprehensive bibliographic coverage of a wide variety of evaluation and measurement tools for health and psychosocial studies, for practitioners, educators, researchers, and students.
- MEDLINE 1996- (OvidSP) - The MEDLINE database is widely recognized as the premier source for bibliographic and abstract coverage of biomedical literature.
- Mental Measurements Yearbook (OvidSP) - Mental Measurements Yearbook contains fulltext information about and reviews of all English-language standardized tests covering educational skills, personality, vocational aptitude, psychology, and related areas as included in the printed Mental Measurements Yearbooks. Searches the 1st to 19th Yearbooks (July 2014).
- PsycCRITIQUES (EBSCO) - A searchable database of book reviews in psychology.
- PsycBOOKS (EBSCO) - A searchable, full text database of books published by the American Psychological Association (APA) and other publishers. Includes most scholarly titles published by APA from copyright years 1953-2014.
- PsycTESTS (APA) - Provides access to complete psychological tests, measures, scales, and other assessments as well as descriptive and administrative information for each instrument.
- PsycTHERAPY (APA) - PsycTHERAPY is a database of streaming psychotherapy demonstrations featuring some of the most renowned therapists in North America working with participants on a host of therapeutic topics. PsycTHERAPY provides over 300 hours of video content. More than 200 different topics and 65 therapeutic approaches, demonstrated by 95 therapists, and covered throughout hundreds of filmed therapy demonstrations.
- Annual Review of Psychology 1950-
- CINAHL: Cumulative Index to Nursing & Allied Health Literature (EBSCO)
- Cochrane Library
- Counseling and Therapy in Video
- EMBASE (OvidSP)
- ERIC (ProQuest)
- Global Health (OvidSP)
- Neurosciences Abstracts (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Research Library
- Scopus - Multidisciplinary database, and a very good resource for cited reference searching.
- Web of Science - Multidisciplinary database, also a very good resource for cited reference searching.
- Wiley InterScience: Psychology
Sources for background information
Encyclopedias and dictionaries
- Corsini Encyclopedia of Psychology
- Dictionary of Psychology (Oxford)
- Encyclopedia of Applied Psychology
- Encyclopedia of Behavioral Neuroscience
- Encyclopedia of Cognitive Science
- Encyclopedia of Consciousness
- Encyclopedia of Emotion
- Encyclopedia of Health Psychology
- Encyclopedia of Psychology (APA) (8 volumes)
- Encyclopedia of Psychotherapy
- Encyclopedia of Social Psychology
- Encyclopedia of the Human Brain
- International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Learning and Memory: A Comprehensive Reference
- Oxford Bibliographies Online - Psychology
- Senses: A Comprehensive Reference
Handbooks and manuals
- Finding instruments, measures, scales & tests in education, health, psychology & social work
- Psychiatry and clinical psychology
Selected Internet Sites
Accessible to anyone with an Internet connection.
"The Psych Student's Best Friend."
- American Psychological Association
- APPIC - Association of Psychology Postdoctoral & Internship Centers
In U.S. and Canada.
- Ascodocpsy : Réseau documentaire en santé mentale
In U.S. and Canada.
- Canadian Psychological Association
- Citing Sources in APA – Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL)
- Classics in the History of Psychology
- Google Scholar
- McGill Psychology Department
- Narrative Psychology: Internet and Resource Guide
- Psychology Virtual Library (WWW-Virtual Library Site)
- Société Québécoise de Recherche pour la Psychologie (SQRP)