michael [dot] david [dot] miller [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Email)• 514-398-7440
- McGill users only
- Open access resource
- Free resource
- In-library-use only
- Catalogue record
- The new Palgrave dictionary of economics
- Routledge Dictionary of Economics 2nd ed.
- A Dictionary of Economics
- Oxford Encyclopedia of Economic History
- The Biographical Dictionary of British Economists
- The Biographical Dictionary of American Economists
- A Dictionary of Finance and Banking
Database produced by the American Economic Association is more than one million bibliographic references to economic literature, dating back to 1886. It provides links to full-text articles in all fields of economics and uses the JEL classification system and controlled vocabulary of keywords to index six types of records: journal articles, books, collective volume articles, dissertations, working papers, and full-text book reviews from the Journal of Economic Literature.
- International Bibliography of the Social Sciences
A tool for interdisciplinary research focusing on the four core social science subjects of anthropology, economics, politics, and sociology. IBSS includes over 2.5 million bibliographic references to journal articles, books, reviews and selected chapters dating back to 1951. Over 2,800 journals are regularly indexed and some 7,000 book and chapter records are included each year. Extensive coverage of international material with over 50% of journals published outside the US or UK and with 25% of references in languages other than English.
- Business Source Complete
Scholarly business database, offers indexing and abstracts as far back as 1886, and some full-tect content. In addition, there are 25,000 author profiles, world wide company information and searchable cited references for more than 1,200 journals.
- ABI Inform Global
Contains a broad array of business information, from scholarly journals and dissertations, to company, industry and market focused trade news. It also includes current and historical newspaper articles. A great number of the articles indexed here can be found in the database. Links to Hoover’s Company Records from article abstracts.
- CBCA Complete
- JSTOR Economics
750 journal titles, most starting in vol. 1. Moving wall excludes 4-7 recent years
- PAIS International
Contains over one million records for articles published 1915-1976 and over half a million for articles, books, government documents, government reports, etc. from more than 120 countries and most used European languages. Concerned with current public policy issues, administration and legislation and business topics, economic factors, and emphasizes factual and statistical information. It also covers articles of general interest on law, education, human rights, environment, medicine and transportation.
- Equinox Data Delivery System
- CANSIM II
- EIU Data services : Country Data)
Country Data, 1980- forecasts to 2030, GDP, Fiscal and monetary, Demographics and income, Foreign payments, External Debt, External trade . 320 economic series 150 countries and 45 regional aggregates
- IMF eLibrary - Data
Provides access to International Financial Statistics 1948-, Balance of Payments (BOPS) 1960-, Direction of Trade (DOTS) 1980-, Government Finance Statistics (GFS) 1990-, Trade and investment
- OECD Data Lab
26 topics. Includes a link to OECD Data- Beta.
- World DataBank (World Bank) nk)
development indicators, 214 countries, 1334 series of indicators, 1960-
- ICRG International Country Risk Guide and Data
- The Economist, current
3 versions (online, print, EIU) available from the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) portal. dates vary
- The Economist Historical Archive, 1843-2010
- Financial Times, current
Click on the Access database link and create a free account
- Financial Times Historical archive 1888-2010
- Wall Street Journal Historical 1889-1996
- Oxford scholarship online
Limited to e-books in economics and finance
- Elgar online Economics and Finance collection
- <a data-cke-saved-href=" http://proxy.library.mcgill.ca/login?url=http://link.springer.com/search..." href="//www.mcgill.ca/library/%20%3Ca%20href%3D"http://proxy.library.mcgill.ca/login?url=http://link.springer.com/search?facet-discipline=">http://proxy.library.mcgill.ca/login?url=http://link.springer.com/search..." economics"="">SpringerLink
Limited to books, chapters in books and journal articles in economics and business
- OECD iLibrary
- World Bank eLibrary
- IMF eLIBRARY
- Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU)
Portal to access all EIU content including Country Reports, 1996- Country Data, City Data, Market Indicators and Forecast, and The Economist in 3 vesions: Online, Print Edition and EIU content 1998-
- NBER Working Papers
Provides access to a large amount of working papers from university research institutions, journal articles and policy briefs, as well as some case studies, books, course packs and videos on selected topics.
- McGill University. Department of Economics. Publications
- RePEc (Research Papers in Economics)
- Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge. Working papers online
- INTAL Institute for the Integration of Latin America and the Caribbean. Publications
Full-text of working papers, reports series, Integration & Trade journal, and other publications.
- Inter-American Development Bank. Publications
Full-text of books, research papers and reports.
Selected Internet Sites