robin [dot] canuel [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Email)• 514-398-4698
- McGill users only
- Open access resource
- Free resource
- In-library-use only
- Catalogue record
- Biographical Dictionary of Social and Cultural Anthropology (2004)
- Cambridge encyclopedia of hunters and gatherers
- Companion Encyclopedia of Anthropology: Humanity, Culture and Social Life
- A Companion to Latin American Anthropology (2008)
- Encyclopedia of Anthropology
5-vol. Also in HSSL REF GN11 E63 2006.
- Encyclopedia of Archaeology
- Encyclopedia of Archaeology: History and Discoveries
- Encyclopedia of Medical Anthropology: Health and Illness in the World's Cultures
- Encyclopedia of North American Indians
- Encyclopedia of Paleontology
- Encyclopedia of Prehistory: vol 1, Africa
- Encyclopedia of Prehistory: vol 2, Arctic and Sub-arctic
- Encyclopedia of prehistory: vol 3, East Asia and Oceania
- Encyclopedia of prehistory: vol 4, Europe
- Encyclopedia of prehistory: vol 5, Middle America
- Encyclopedia of prehistory: vol 6, North America
- Encyclopedia of prehistory: vol 7, South America
- Encyclopedia of prehistory: vol 8, South and Southwest Asia
- Encyclopedia of Social and Cultural Anthropology
- Handbook of South American Archaeology
- International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences
- International Handbook of Historical Archaeology
- Oxford Companion to Archaeology
Also in HSSL REF CC70 O96 1996
Searching the Library Catalogue
WorldCat - Library Catalogue/Discovery Tool
- Finding Books, etc
Use WorldCat to find books, journals, articles, and other resources, in both print or electronic format. Your search will cover McGill's entire collection of resources, and can be expanded to include the collections of libraries worldwide.
Classic - Library Catalogue
- Finding Books, etc
Use the classic catalogue to search for print books, journals, DVDs, and other items that are in McGill's collection.
- Academic Search Complete (EBSCO)
Searches the bibliographic records of 13,780 indexed and abstracted journals in the Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities, including excellent coverage of journals in the fields of archaeology and anthropology.
- Anthropology Plus (EBSCO)
Searches Anthropological Literature and Anthropological Index, now combined on EBSCO
- Anthrosource (AAA)
Full text of over 30 journals published through the American Anthropological Association (AAA)
- Bibliography of Native North Americans (EBSCO)
Indexes works published from the 16th century to the present concerning native North American topics and issues, including monographs, essays, journal articles, dissertations and other publications.
- Annual Review of Anthropology
- ATLA Religion Database with ATLASerials
- British Humanities Index
- CAB Abstracts
- Early Encounters in North America: peoples, cultures and the environment
- eHRAF Collection of Archaeology (Human Relations Area Files)
- eHRAF World Cultures (Human Relations Area Files)
- EVIA: digital archive of ethnographic field video [registration required]
- Films on Demand
- Humanities Full Text
- Index Islamicus
- International Bibliography of the Social Sciences
- Oxford Bibliographies Online: Anthropology
- Population Index
- Scopus Multidisciplinary database, and a very good resource for cited reference searching.
- SocIndex with Full Text
- Sociological Abstracts
- Social Sciences Full Text
- Web of Science Multidisciplinary database, which includes the Social Sciences Citation Index. Also, a very good resource for cited reference searching.
- Wenger Anthropological Eskimo Database
Theses and Dissertations
- ProQuest Dissertations and Theses
- eScholarship - An open access digital repository of publications and theses of McGill University faculty and students
- McGill Library Subject Guide for finding McGill theses and theses from other institutions
Selected Internet Sites
Accessible to anyone with an Internet connection.
- McGill University Department of Anthropology
- Publishing Style Guide of the American Anthropological Association (AAA)
- Publishing Style Guide of the Society for American Archaeology (SAA)
- Arctic Science and Technology Information System ASTIS)
Documents relating to aboriginals in Quebec.
- Taiaiako'n Historical Preservation Society
Information on preservation efforts for Huron-Wendat sites in Toronto area, and other archaeological news.
- National Anthropological Archives (NAA)
Guides and searchable catalogue, SIRIS, of historical and contemporary anthropological materials in ethnology, linguistics, archaeology, and physical anthropology, documenting world cultures and the history of the discipline, including manuscripts, fieldnotes, correspondence, photographs, maps, sound recordings, film and video. Smithsonian Institution.
- About Archaeology
Archaeological blog combining articles, news, field schools, questions and answers.
- Council for British Archaeology Internet Information Service
- Egyptology Resources
Consists of Bibliography of Africana Periodical Literature Database, African Women's Database (African women's literature), and Women Travelers, Explorers and Missionaries to Africa: 1763-2000: A Comprehensive English Language Bibliography.
- ARD - The Anthropology Review Database
Reviews of the literature (books, audiovisual materials, software & multimedia, exhibits, tourist sites, conferences, and on-line resources) in anthropology and related fields.
- AnthroGlobe Bibliographies (WWW Virtual Library)
Collection of specialist online bibliographies maintained by Centre for Social Anthropology and Computing, University of Kent at Canterbury, UK.
Related Subject Guides