- pamela [dot] harrison [at] mcgill [dot] ca (subject: Consult%20request) (Request a 1-on-1 or group consult )– please provide your availability and preferred times.
- Schulich Library location & hours – location of Life Sciences materials except course reserves and librarian offices.
- Life Sciences Library location & hours – location of Life Sciences course reserves and reference librarian.
- Reserve a group study room
- UPrint - scan, print or copy in the library using your McGill ID card.
- Use WorldCat to find books and media, articles, journals and databases.
- Access online resources, including databases, electronic journals and eBooks, on- or off-campus.
- Manage your citations:
- Download EndNote, and register for a workshop to get started. Need help? citations [dot] library [at] mcgill [dot] ca (subject: EndNote%20question) (Contact a librarian).
- Register for a RefWorks account. Need help? View video tutorials, or citations [dot] library [at] mcgill [dot] ca (subject: Refworks%20question) (contact a librarian).
- Anatomy.tv - Interactive 3D learning tool. Select a specialty or anatomical area to view 3D images, MRI, slides, animations, and short explanatory texts.
- The Hosford Muscle Tables: Skeletal Muscles of the Human Body - Muscle groups, categorized by region of the body. For each muscle group, lists points of attachment or origin and insertion, action(s), related circulatory and nervous anatomy.
- Musculoskeletal Atlas - Over 80 labelled images of upper and lower extremities.
- Bates' Visual Guide - Video guides to physical examination. Features general, age group-specific and area-specific videos.
Dictionaries and textbooks
- Mosby's Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing, & Health Professions (eBook) - Includes common abbreviations, pronunciation key, and colour atlas of human anatomy.
- Harrison's Online (eBook) - Basic medical textbook for information on diseases and disorders. Also includes clinical procedure videos.
- Handbook of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (eBook) - Reference guide for the assessment and treatment of physical disabilities.
- Quick Reference Dictionary for Occupational Therapy (print) - Defines over 3,600 terms. Also includes frequently-used documents, such as guidelines and classifications.
Browsing for books in Physical Therapy
|QT 261||Sports injuries|
|WB 541||Therapeutic exercise|
|WE 755||Back therapy|
|WE 810||Shoulder therapy|
|WE 830||Hand therapy|
|WE 870||Knee therapy|
Browsing for books in Occupational Therapy
|WB 555||Occupational therapy--methods|
|WL 355||Cerebrovascular disorders--rehabilitation|
|WS 368||Pediatric occupational therapy|
- CINAHL (Cumulative Index to Nursing & Allied Health Literature) Plus with Full Text - Extensive coverage of allied health literature. Indexes over 4,900 journals. Additional materials include books, select conference proceedings, and audiovisuals. Tip: Visit the CINAHL Support Center for tutorials.
- MEDLINE (1996-) - Covers international biomedical literature, including allied health. Indexes approximately 5,400 journals. Tip: Include older material by searching MEDLINE (1946-)
- EMBASE - Covers international biomedical and pharmacological literature. Indexes over 7,500 journals.
- AMED - Covers journals in complementary medicine, palliative care, and allied health, from the British Library.
- Health and Psychosocial Instruments (HAPI) - Coversmeasurement instruments (i.e., questionnaires, interview schedules, checklists, index measures, coding schemes/ manuals, rating scales, projective techniques, vignettes/scenarios, tests) in the health fields, psychosocial sciences, organizational behavior, and library and information science. Tip: Looking at instruments, measures, tests and scales? See our guide.
- PsycInfo - Covers behavioural sciences and mental health literature. Indexes over 2,500 journals. Additional materials include books, dissertations and secondary publications.
- REHABDATA - Covers physical, mental, and psychiatric disabilities, independent living, vocational rehabilitation, special education, assistive technology, law, employment, and other issues as they relate to people with disabilities. Indexes over 80,000 reports, articles, books, and non-print materials.
- Database of International of Rehabilitation Research (from CIRRIE) - International coverage of all aspects of rehabilitation. Over 5,000 journals represented.
- Autism Data - Covers over 30,000 research papers, books, and videos and other materials on autism, from the National Autistic Society (UK).
Evidence-based therapy resources
- Cochrane Library - Includes Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, other reviews (DARE), Cochrane Controlled Trials Register (CENTRAL), methods studies, health technology assessments and economic evaluations.
- Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects (DARE) - Systematic reviews not carried out by the Cochrane Collaboration.
- PubMed Clinical Queries - Limits PubMed search results to specific clinical research areas.
- OT Seeker - Abstracts of systematic reviews, randomised trials and other resources relevant to occupational therapy. Most trials are critially appraised and rated for quality.
- PEDro - Systematic reviews, randomised trials and clinical practice guidelines relevant to physical therapy. Trials are assessed for quality.
Assistive technology sites
- ABLEDATA - Objective information on assistive technology products.
- Foundation for Assistive Technology (FAST) - Database covering past and current assistive technology research and development in the UK.
- Canadian Physiotherapy Association
- American Physical Therapy Association
- Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists
- Canadian Occupational Therapy Foundation
- American Occupational Therapy Foundation
- Finding instruments, measures, scales & tests in education, health, psychology & social work
- Health and biological sciences - Links to subject-specific guides in Life Sciences.
- Information and resources for keeping up with the literature.
- Information and resources on publishing in the Life Sciences.