Current and upcoming events
Current exhibition: On the Surface/Skin Deep, curated by Sylvie Boisjoli and and Shana Cooperstein. Read exhibition talks from the curators in the latest issue of the Osler Library Newsletter. You can also find an interview with the curators on our blog.
- The Literature of Prescription: Charlotte Perkins Gilman and The Yellow Wallpaper. A Biography of Neurasthenia in the late 19th and early 20th Centuries. Curated by Prof. Andrea Tone. September-April 2014.
- Designing Doctors: an exhibit talk by Professor Annmarie Adams, McGill School of Architecture. Tuesday, 7 May 2013, 1:00-2:00, Meakins Auditorium (5th floor McIntyre Medical Sciences Building).
- "Neurological Laboratories” to Interdisciplinary “Centres of Brain Research”: Otfrid Foerster, Wilder Penfield, and Early Neuroscience in Breslau and Montreal. Nickerson Fellowship talk by Dr. Frank Stahnisch, Thursday, 2 May 2013, 2:00-3:00, Don Bates Seminar Room 101, Department of Social Studies of Medicine, McGill University, 3647 Peel Street.
- Artistic Practice Scientific Vision: British Artistic Anatomy in the Late Eighteenth and Early Nineetenth Century, the catalogue to the exhibit curated by Dr. Allister Neher.
- Our Friend the Sun: Images of Light Therapeutics from the Osler Library Collection, 1901-1944, a lecture given by Dr. Tania Anne Woloshyn (Recorded January 24, 2011). This recording is made possible by a generous gift from Gail Beck, O.Ont., Med’78 and Andrew Fenus, MLS’74.
- Osler Library Lecture: A Relationship Etched in Time: Leonardo da Vinci, the Earl of Arundel and Wenceslaus Hollar, a lecture given by Dr. Del Maestro (Recorded January 10, 2011). This recording is made possible by a generous gift from Gail Beck, O.Ont., Med’78 and Andrew Fenus, MLS’74.
- Our Friend, the Sun: Images of Light Therapeutics from the Osler Library Collection, 1901-1944, the catalogue to the exhibit curated by Dr. Tania Anne Woloshyn.
Other events and exhibits
- 175 Years of the McGill Medical Library
- The Ghafiqi Project
- Margaret Ridley Charlton - Pioneer Medical Librarian. The first person with library training to work at the McGill University Medical Library and, with William Osler, one of the founders of the Medical Library Association.
- Osler's McGill: Medical Education, 1870-1885
- Our Friend the Sun - Images of Light, a lecture given by Dr. Tania Anne Woloshyn (Recorded January 24, 2011).
- Photographic Journey: McIntyre Medical Sciences Building and Osler Library - (Virtual McGill Project)
- A Relationship Etched in Time: Leonardo da Vinci, the Earl of Arundel and Wenceslaus Hollar, a lecture given by Dr. Del Maestro (Recorded January 10, 2011).
- Tour of Osler's Montreal 1870-1885 / Le Montréal de William Osler
- William Osler & the Teaching of Microscopy at McGill
(Sonic Foundry recommends the following system requirements to view this presentation using Mediasite Viewer: Microsoft Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003 or Macintosh OS X, Display resolution of 800 x 600 pixels or greater, Windows- compatible sound card, Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1., Windows Media Player 9.0, Broadband Internet connection (256 Kbps & above) )