On this page: Sources for background information | Some suggested subject headings | Core databases | Statistics & data | Government resources | Other resources | Need help?
ManagementJessica [dot] Lange [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Email) • 514-398-4690 x00871
Life sciencesAngella [dot] Lambrou [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Email) • 514-398-1277
- McGill users only
- Open access resource
- Free resource
- In-library-use only
- Catalogue record
Sources for Background Information
- APA handbook of industrial and organizational psychology. 3 vols. (2010)
- Cost containment and efficiency in national health systems: a global comparison (2009)
- Dictionary of Public Health (2007)
- eBusiness in healthcare: from eProcurement to supply chain management (2008)
- Operations research and health care: a handbook of methods and applications (2005)
Some Suggested Subject Headings
- Health Care Reform
- Health Planning
- Health Policy
- Health Services Administration
- Public Health Administration
- World Health
- Ovid Medline (1996 - present) - Considered the premier source for bibliographic and abstract coverage of biomedical literature. Includes information on administration, economics, management. etc. as it relates to health
- Business Source Complete (1886 - present) - In-depth coverage of business and management. International in scope.
- ABI/Inform Global (1971 - present - In-depth coverage of business and management. Complementary content to Business Source Complete.
- Ovid Healthstar (1975 - present) - Health services, technology and administration research
- EMBASE (1947 - present) - Another major biomedical and pharmaceutical database indexing over 3,500 international journals.
- Global Health (1910 - present) -International public health database for academics, researchers, public health practitioners, NGOs, policy makers, clinicians, and students.
- National Bureau of Economic Research (US) - Private, non-profit, nonpartisan research organization dedicated to undertaking and disseminating unbiased economic research.
- PAIS International (1972 - present) - Provides selective subject access on policy and public affairs in publications emanating from over 120 countries.
- Web of Science (1900 - present) - Multidisciplinary database covering approximately 8,500 of the most prestigious, high impact research journals in the world.
Statistics & Data
- Canada. Statistics Canada Health Indicators
- Canada. Statistics Canada. Tables by Subject
- Québec. Ministère de la Santé et des Services Sociaux. Statistiques et publications
- United States. CDC National Center for Health Statistics
- United States. CDC Wonder (Public Health Reports and Numeric Data)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Canada Health Infoway
- Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI)
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- Institute of Health Services and Policy Research (IHSPR)
- Health Canada
- Québec. Ministère de la Santé et des Services Sociaux
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) (US)
- European Commission. Public Health
- Organization for Economic Co-Operation and Development (OECD) - Health
- United Kingdom. Department of Health
- United States. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- WHO Global Health Observatory (GHO)
- Canadian Association for Health Services and Policy Research
- Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives
- Canadian Foundation for Healthcare Improvement
- Canadian Public Health Association
- Centre for Health Economics, University of York (UK)
- Centre for Health Economics and Policy Analysis (Canada)
- eCHIMA (Canadian Health Information Management Association)
- European Observatory on Health Care Systems and Policies
- Institute of Health Economics (Canada)
- NHS Economic Evaluation Database (NHS EED)