education [dot] library [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Email)•
- McGill users only
- Open access resource
- Free resource
- In-library-use only
- Catalogue record
- International Encyclopedia of Education
Detailed overviews of important concepts and areas of research in the field of education. A great place to start your research!
- International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences
Online version of the largest reference work published in the social and behavioral sciences. Subjects include Education, Linguistics, Clinical and Applied Psychology, Cognitive Psychology and Cognitive Science, Gender Studies, and more. It comprises 4,000 articles, and includes 90,000 bibliographic references, as well as comprehensive name and subject indexes.
- Oxford Reference Online
Oxford Reference is an online reference product, spanning 25 different subject areas. Includes the Dictionary of Education.
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online
Core and Additional Databases
ERIC is a key database for education, with journal articles and other education-related material such as books and reports. It is available in three interfaces (the content is identical):
- ERIC ProQuest
- ERIC EBSCO
- ERIC via the United States Department of Education
- Education Full Text (EBSCO)
Provides full text, indexing and abstracts for hundreds of Education periodicals, books and yearbooks.
- Academic Search Complete (EBSCO)
- Canadian Business & Current Affairs Complete (ProQuest)
CBCA Complete combines full text and indexed content from all four CBCA database subsets (Business, Current Events, Education, and Reference).
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- ProQuest Research Library (ProQuest)
- Web of Science (ISI)
Selected Internet Sites
Accessible to anyone with an Internet connection.
- Springer eBook Collection: Education
- Collected Works of John Dewey 1882-1953
- Correspondence of John Dewey
Related subject guides
- Educational and Counselling Psychology
- Physical Education and Kinesiology
- Children's & Young Adult Literature
- Education in the Health Sciences