emily [dot] mackenzie [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Email)• 514-398-7577
- McGill users only
- Open access resource
- Free resource
- In-library-use only
- Catalogue record
Dictionaries and Encyclopedias
- Dictionary of plant sciences 3rd ed./ edited by Michael Allaby.
- Encyclopedia of plant and crop science / edited by Robert M. Goodman
SB45 E486 2004 REF
- Handbook of plant science / edited by Keith Roberts
QK45.2 H36 2007 REF
- Concise encyclopedia of plant pathology / P. Vidhyasekaran
- Mansfeld's encyclopedia of agricultural and horticultural crops (except ornamentals) / edited by Peter Henelt and Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research.
SB107 M38 2001 REF
- Mabberley's plant-book: A portable dictionary of plants, their classification and uses 3rd ed./ D. J. Mabberley.
QK11 M29 2008
- Plants and their names : a concise dictionary / Hyam, R and R. Pankhurst.
QK96 H94 1995 REF
- Crop Protection Compendium / from CABI, contains "global coverage of pests, diseases, weeds and their natural enemies, the crops that are their hosts, and the countries in which they occur"
- Plant pathology 5th ed./ George N. Agrios.
SB731 A35 2005
- Genetically modified pest-protected plants : science and regulation
- Sustainable horticulture : today and tomorrow / Raymond P. Poincelot.
SB319.95 P65 2004
- The arabidopsis book / American Society of Plant Biologists
- Weed science : principles and practices 4th ed./ Thomas J. Monaco [et al.]
SB611 A74 2002
Searching the Library Catalogue
For more resources in Plant Science, consult the library catalogue: McGill WorldCat.
You can also search the library catalogue by subject. The following is a list of example subject headings used in the catalogue:
You can also browse the shelves at the following call numbers:
QK 640-707: Plant anatomy
QK 710-899: Plant physiology, including:
QK 867-899: Plant nutrition
QK 900-989: Plant ecology
SB 1-1110: Plant culture, including:
SB 113.2-118.46: Seeds
SB 119-124: Propagation
SB 175-177: Food crops
SB 183-192: Field crops
SB 599-990.5: Pests and diseases
Ebooks are also listed in the Library Catalogue (McGill WorldCat), or they may be searched by individual collection/provider, for example:
Allows access to full text to handbooks, references, and monographs published by CRC Press. Can search content or browse the Agriculture and Life Science categories.
Provides detailed and exhaustive coverage of chapters of books in the agricultural, biological and environmental sciences. Includes journals as well, but searches can be refined to books only. McGill subscriptions are indicated by a bright green square box.
- SpringerLink Books
Provides online access to chapters from over 15,500 book titles. Extensive coverage of Plant Science and related topics under the Biomedical and Life Sciences subject category. McGill subscriptions are indicated by a bright green square box.
To see more ebook collections/providers available, please see the ebooks & media website
A multidisciplinary database that is capable of backward and forward citation linking and includes citation counts.
- Web of Science 1900 to the present.
Three citation indexes: Science, Arts and Humanities, and Social Science. The Science Citation Index covers a range scientific & technical disciplines, such as biology, agiculture, chemistry, environmental science, biotechnology, physics and veterinary science.
- Agricola: 1970 to present
Indexes more than 2,000 serial titles as well as books, pamphlets, conference proceedings, research reports, government documents, monographs, theses, patents, software, audiovisual content, and microforms pertaining to all aspects of agriculture.
- Biological and Agricultural Index Plus: 1983 to present
Provides access to the core literature of biology and agriculture. Indexing and abstracting coverage begins in 1983; selected full text coverage begins in 1997.
- BIOSIS Previews 1969 to the present
BIOSIS Previews Archive 1926-1968
Encompasses the entire field of life sciences and provides comprehensive coverage of the world's published biological and biomedical research, including traditional areas of biology, such as botany, zoology and microbiology, as well as experimental, clinical and veterinary medicine, biotechnology, environmental studies, and agriculture.
- CAB Abstracts: 1973 to the present
CAB Abstracts Archive: 1910-1972
A bibliographic database compiled by CAB INTERNATIONAL. It covers the significant research and development literature in the fields of agriculture, forestry, aspects of human health, human nutrition, animal health, and the management and conservation of natural resources.
- Industrial & Applied Microbiology Abstracts (Microbiology A): 1982 to the present
Database provides access to significant findings and practical applications in agricultural, food and beverage, chemical, and pharmaceutical industries. Major areas of coverage include, plant diseases, forestry, soil microorganisms, mineral microbiology, hydrocarbons, microbial resistance, and antimicrobial agents.
Integrated Taxonomic Information System: Government of Canada: Canadian Biodiversity Information Facility
Botanicus Digital Library: A freely accessible, Web-based encyclopedia of digitized historic botanical literature from the Missouri Botanical Garden Library.