Natural resource sciences
- McGill users only
- Open access resource
- Free resource
- In-library-use only
- Catalogue record
Dictionaries and Encyclopedias
- Dictionary of Natural Resource Management / Julian and Katherine Dunster
- Life on earth: An encyclopedia of biodiversity, ecology, and evolution / edited by Niles Eldredge
QH541.15 B56 L54 2002
- Encyclopedia of biodiversity / editor-in-chief Simon Asher Levin
- Encyclopedia of forest sciences / editor-in-chief, Jeffery Burley
- Encyclopedia of water science / edited by B.A. Stewart and Terry A. Howell
S494.5 W3 E54 2003 REF
- Natural resource conservation: Management for a sustainable future / Daniel D. Chiras and John P. Reganold
S938 O87 2010
- Conflicts over natural resources: A reference handbook / Jacqueline Vaughn
S944 V38 2007 REF
- Soil and Water Conservation: For productivity and environmental protection / Frederick R. Troeh, J. Arthur Hobbs and Roy L. Donahue
S623 T76 2004
- United Nations world water development report
- The State of Canada’s forests
Searching the Library Catalogue
For more resources in Natural Resource Sciences and its various disciplines, consult the library catalogue using either a basic keyword search or advanced keyword search. For search tips, consult the Catalogue Help page.
You can also browse the catalogue or the shelves at the following call numbers:
HD 1690-1702: Water resources development
QH 75-77: Biodiversity conservation
QH 540-549.5: Ecology
QL 81.5-84.7: Wildlife conservation
S 600-600.7: Agricultural meteorology
S 900-972: Conservation of natural resources
SD 1-669.5: Forestry
TD 172-193.5: Environmental pollution
Ebooks are also listed in the Library Catalogue and can be easily located using the eBooks sub-catalogue.
Allows access to full text to handbooks, references, and monographs published by CRC Press. Can search content or browse the Agriculture and Life Science categories.
Provides detailed and exhaustive coverage of chapters of books in the agricultural, biological and environmental sciences. Includes journals as well, but searches can be refined to books only. McGill subscriptions are indicated by a bright green square box.
- SpringerLink Books
Provides online access to chapters from over 15,500 book titles covering life and environmental science. McGill subscriptions are indicated by a bright green square box.
- Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Abstracts: 1971 to the present
The ASFA series is a premier reference in the field of aquatic resources. Includes over 5,000 serial publications, books, reports, conference proceedings, translations and limited distribution literature covering aquaculture, aquatic organisms, aquatic pollution, brackish water environments, fisheries, freshwater and marine environments, limnology, marine biotechnology, and wildlife management.
- BioOne Abstracts and Indexes: 2000 to the present
Provides access to research journals in biology, ecology and environmental science. Most titles are published by small societies and non-commercial publishers.
- CAB Abstracts: 1973 to the present
A bibliographic database compiled by CAB INTERNATIONAL. It covers the significant research and development literature in the fields of agriculture, forestry, aspects of human health, human nutrition, animal health, and the management and conservation of natural resources.
- Ecology Abstracts: 1982 to present
Indexes current ecology research across a wide range of disciplines, focusing on how organisms of all kinds - microbes, plants and animals - interact with their environments and with other organisms. Included are relevant papers on evolutionary biology, economics, and systems analysis as they relate to ecosystems or the environment.
- Environmental Sciences and Pollution Management Database: 1967 to present
This multidisciplinary database provides comprehensive coverage of the environmental sciences. Covers agricultural and environmental biotechnology, aquatic pollution, bacteriology, ecology, energy resources, environmental impact statements (U.S.), hazardous waste, microbiology related to industrial and environmental issues, pollution, risk assessment, toxicology, water pollution and resource issues, waste management.
- Water Resources Abstracts: 1967 to present
Provides summaries of the world's technical and scientific literature on water-related topics covering the characteristics, conservation, control, pollution, treatment, use and management of water resources.
- Wildlife & Ecology Studies Worldwide: 1935 to present
The world's largest index to literature on wild mammals, birds, reptiles, and amphibians.
- Agricultural and Forest Meteorology
- Canadian Journal of Forest Research
- Canadian Water Resources Journal
(note: current issues held in print at Macdonald Campus Library)
- Conservation Biology
- Environmental and Resource Economics
- Environmental Pollution
- Forest Ecology and Management
- Forest Science
- Global Change Biology
- Society and Natural Resources
- Water Resources Research
- Water Air and Soil Pollution