emily [dot] mackenzie [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Email)• 514-398-7577
- McGill users only
- Open access resource
- Free resource
- In-library-use only
- Catalogue record
Dictionaries and Encyclopedias
- A dictionary of entomology 2nd ed./ compiled by Gordon Gordh
QL462.3 G67 2011 REF
- Encyclopedia of entomology / edited by John L. Capinera
- The new encyclopedia of insects and their allies / edited by Christopher O’Toole
- Ane’s encyclopedic dictionary of general and applied entomology / M.S. Dhooria
- Insects: Their natural history and diversity / Stephen A. Marshall
QL473 M34 2006 REF
- The insects: An outline of entomology / P.J. Gullan and P.S. Cranston
QL463 G85 2010
- Entomology and pest management / Larry P. Pedigo and Marlin E. Rice
SB931 P39 2009
- Insect diversity conservation / Michael J. Samways
QL496.4 S364 2005 REF
Searching the Library Catalogue
For more resources in Entomology, consult the library catalogue: McGill WorldCat.
You can also search the library catalogue by subject. The following is a list of example subject headings used in the catalogue:
You can also browse the shelves at the following call numbers:
QL 461-599.82: Insects, including
QL 496.4: Insect ecology
QL 495-495.5: Insect physiology
SB 761-767: Diseases and pests of trees and shrubs; Forest entomology
SB 818-945: Economic Entomology, including
SB 942: Insect diseases
SB 950-990.5: Pest control and treatment of diseases
SB 950.9-970.4: Pesticides, including
SB 951.5-951.54: Insecticides
Ebooks are also listed in the Library Catalogue (McGill WorldCat), or they may be searched by individual collection/provider, for example:
Allows access to full text handbooks, references, and monographs published by CRC Press. Can search content or browse the Life Science category.
Provides detailed and exhaustive coverage of chapters of books in the agricultural, biological and environmental sciences. Includes journals as well, but searches can be refined to books only. McGill subscriptions are indicated by a bright green square box.
- SpringerLink Books
Provides online access to chapters from over 15,500 book titles covering life and environmental science. McGill subscriptions are indicated by a bright green square box.
To see more ebook collections/providers available, please see the ebooks & media website
- Agricola: 1970 to the present
Indexes more than 2,000 serial titles as well as books, pamphlets, conference proceedings, research reports, government documents, monographs, theses, patents, software, audiovisual content, and microforms pertaining to all aspects of agriculture.
- Biological and Agricultural Index Plus: 1983 to the present
Provides access to the core literature of biology and agriculture, including entomology.
- BioOne Abstracts and Indexes: 2000 to the present
Provides access to research journals in biology, ecology and environmental science. Most titles are published by small societies and non-commercial publishers.
- BIOSIS Previews: 1969 to the present
Encompasses the entire field of life sciences and provides comprehensive coverage of the world's published biological and biomedical research, including traditional areas of biology, such as botany, zoology and microbiology, as well as experimental, clinical and veterinary medicine, biotechnology, environmental studies, and agriculture.
- CAB Abstracts: 1973 to the present
A bibliographic database compiled by CAB INTERNATIONAL. It covers the significant research and development literature in the fields of agriculture, forestry, aspects of human health, human nutrition, animal health, and the management and conservation of natural resources.
- Wildlife & Ecology Studies Worldwide: 1935 to present
The world's largest index to literature on wild mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians and insects.
- Scopus: Multidisciplinary
- Web of Science: Multidisciplinary
- Agricultural and Forest Entomology
- Annual Review of Entomology
- Canadian Entomologist
- Ecological Entomology
- Environmental Entomology
- Journal of Applied Entomology
- Journal of Economic Entomology
- Journal of Invertebrate Pathology
- Pest Management Science