- World Bank Home Page
- Site Index. Alphabetical listing of World Bank related topics.
- World Bank Institutions:
Abstracts, Indexes, and Databases
- Abstracts of Current Studies. Annual compendium of abstracts for all active World Bank research projects. Online since 2000.
- Country and Regions. Provides statistics, data, and reports on different indicators, such as debt, poverty, education, and development. Information varies from country to country.
- Country and Regional Studies. Provides information on World Bank infrastructure plans and projects for selected countries and regions.
- Investment and Development Policy Lending (formerly “adjustment loans” ). Outlines the characteristics and evolution of World Bank loan policies.
- Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA). Provides free access to online foreign investment and privatization resources. Database of the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency including over 12,000 Web-based documents and research on economies and product markets, investment-related treaties and laws, etc.
- Millennium Development Goals Indicators Database. Commitment by the international community (World Bank, UN, IMF, UN institutions) to promote human development for the purpose of social and economic progress using goals for measuring development progress.
- Research Programs. Include links to reports, research results, databases, and statistical data on specific World Bank programs.
Full text Documents
- Archives of the World Bank and Member Countries. Contains development information related to World Bank Group member countries dating from 1946-present. Includes country files, economic reports, sector studies, and multimedia resources.
- Documents and Reports. Full text search or browse over 14, 000 online documents by country, document type, or sector.
- IFC Publications. Includes the IFC’s most recent annual report.
- World Bank e-library. Recommended. McGill only. Access to over 4,000 World Bank publications since the late 1990s in electronic format.
- World Development Report. Each year the report focuses on a different development issue. Includes statistical analysis.
- Data and Statistics. Organized by topic. Includes links to country tables and other statistical databases including Edstats (education statistics), HNPStats (health nutrition and population statistics), QEDS website (quarterly external debt statistics), and Gender Stats.
- Global Development Finance (GDF Online). McGill only. Debt and financial flow indicators for countries that report public and publicly-guaranteed debt to the World Bank. Data from 1970 onwards.
- Joint BIS-IMF-OECD-WB Statistics on External Debt . Offers latest international data available, primarily from creditor sources, on external debt of developing and transition countries and territories. Information comes in a table format which is updated quarterly.
- Povcal Net. Interactive database that allows you to select and calculate poverty measures by country or country group.
- Research Datasets. Datasets compiled for World Bank research. Include such topics as Air Pollution in major cites and WTO Dispute Settlement database. Data available in Excel files. Coverage varies.
- World Bank Africa Database. Provides access to over 1000 variables for individual African countries, 1965 to present.
- World Development Indicators. Recommended. McGill only. This is a good place to start when looking for statistical information for countries around the world. Includes 550 development indicators, time series for 208 countries and 18 country groups from 1960 onwards. Includes social, economic, financial, natural resources, and environmental indicators.