Useful non-governmental E.U sites
- Country profiles - Economist Intelligence Unit. Detailed annual report describing each country’s economic and political status and background. The profiles cover long-term political and social issues and include basic data and background to current events.
- Country reports - Economist Intelligence Unit. Short reports summarizing political and economic trends in over 200 countries. National, regional and world events are included if they might have an impact at the national level.
- EuroStudies by the Social Science Information Gateway. Portal to resources (bibliographies, data, documents, journals, news, reference materials and guides, etc) organized by country.
- College of Europe. The first University Institute of postgraduate studies in the field of European Studies aiming to attract graduates from many countries to study and live together.
- European Union Centers of Excellence in the United States. Links to the ten European Union Centers set up in 1998 to promote the study of the EU, its institutions, policies, ties with the US through academic, research and outreach activities.
- European Union Studies Association. A scholarly and professional international association focusing on the European Union
- European University Institute. Created by the Members of the European Communities in 1972, the Institutes aims to provide advanced graduate training in the field of European studies, covering its legal, economic, historical, political and social aspects. The Institute also houses the Historical Archives of the European Union
- Hong Kong Baptist University. European Documentation Centre. Links to European Union-Asia relations.
- Universiteit Leiden. EU History Site. Guide to electronic resources on the European integration. Includes the transcription of EU historical documents since the 1930s.
- University of California Berkeley Library. European Union Internet Resources. Comprehensive guide on the EU institutions, documents and sites of interest.
- University of Exeter - European Documentation Centre [EDC}. Resource database provided by University of Exeter's Law Library.
- University of Mannheim. European Documentation Centre. User-friendly interface providing access to documents, reports, journals from various EU databases. Documents are also searchable by subject. Good site to find information on EU programmes and information networks, among others.
- University of Pittsburgh - Center for West European Studies/European Union Center. Links to the European Union Center, the Archives of the European Integration and a Virtual Library.
Think tanks & policy institutes
- BRUEGEL – Brussels European and Global Economic Laboratory. Think tank involved in Europe’ s economic policy discussion in the context of globalization. Publicly and privately funded.
- Centre for European Reform. A private and independent think tank aiming to promote new ideas and policies for reforming the European Union.
- Centre for European Policy Studies. An independent policy research institute dedicated to producing sound policy research leading to constructive solutions to the challenges facing Europe today.
- Confrontations Europe
- European Network of Economic Policy Research Institutes
- European Policy Centre
- European Policy Institutes Network
- European Trade Union Institute
- Fondation Robert Schuman
- Friends of Europe
- Institute for European Environmental Policy
- Lisbon Council
- Zentrum für Europäische Integrationsforschung an der Universität Bonn/Center for European Integration Studies