POLI 451: The European Union
McGill University Library is a depository library for the European Union.
In addition to the library's EU depository collection of official documents and publications, the library makes available a broad array of specialist resources including related books, journals, case reporters, yearbooks, indexes, finding tools, databases, and websites.
- European Union Documents and Guides
- EU and International News (Online)
- Article Indexes and Databases
- Public Opinion Data and Related Resources
European Union Documents and Guides
- Council of the European Union
- Court of Justice - CURIA
- Delegation of the European Commission to Canada
- EUROPA - EU homepage. Provides up-to-date coverage of EU affairs.
- European Commission
- European Parliament - EUROPARL
Selected EU and International News Sources (Online)
- EUobserver - Independent online newspaper focusing on politics related to the development of European affairs.
- Euronews - International news channel covering world news from a European perspective.
- Presseurop.eu - Daily selection of articles chosen from more than 200 international news titles.
- BBC News World
- Die Welt
- El Pais
- The Financial Times
- The Guardian
- The International Herald Tribune
- Le Monde
- La Repubblica
Selected Current News Sources (Subscription - McGill Users Only)
- Browse online newspapers as if you were browsing their print counterparts.
- National and international newspapers.
- Browse by country.
- ProQuest Newsstand
- Includes New York Times, Wall Street Journal, The Guardian and other national and regional titles.
- Also includes news websites and blogs.
- International and Canadian publications.
- Search by date, newspaper, author, keyword, subject.
- Canadian English and French language as well as European French language news, including Le Monde.
Article Indexes and Databases
- International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (ProQuest)
- Indexes books, book chapters, and journals related to Economics, Politics, and Sociology.
- Worldwide Political Science Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Provides abstracts of journal articles, citations to book reviews, and abstracts of books, book chapters, dissertations and working papers inPolitical Science and International Relations.
- International Political Science Abstracts (EBSCO)
- Indexes journals related to Political Science and International Relations.
- PAIS International (ProQuest)
- Indexes journals and magazines related to global public policy and social issues.
- Google Scholar
- Free, multidiscplinary index that can link you to a selection of McGill's resources.
- CIAO: Columbia International Affairs Online
- Full text documents and citations from International Relations journals, policy briefs by International Think Tanks.
Public Opinion Data and Related Resources
- European Commission: Public Opinion - Data from surveys and studies that address major topics concerning European citizenship.
- CESSDA - Council of European Social Science Data Archives - Data portal for social science data for secondary use.
- Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social - Research (ICPSR) - Data archive of more than 500,000 files of research in the social sciences.