POLI 330 - Law and Courts in Europe
Guides to Foreign Law Research
Guides to legal research by country. Published by the Hauser Global Law School Program at NYU.
- World Legal Information Institute
Case-law, legislation, treaties, law reform reports, and journals from countries worldwide.
Guides to international legal research.
Guides to Constitutional Law
- International Constitutional Law: Countries
English translations of, and textual material related to, constitutional documents worldwide.
- Constitution Finder
Links to past and present versions of national constitutions.
- Europa: N-Lex
Links to national legislation for member countries of the European Union.
- Oxford International Encyclopedia of Legal History
General overview of a country's government and history, with accompanying bibliography.
- Legal Systems of the World: a Political, Social, and Cultural Encyclopedia
Detailed information for each country. Shelved in the Nahum Gelber Law Library, call number K 48 L44 2002.
- Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU)
- Europa World Plus
- U.S. Library of Congress Country Studies
- Stateman’s Yearbook
- More country reports are listed here
Policy Research and Reports
- World Bank e-library
World Bank publications and policy research working papers.
- Venice Commission
The Council of Europe's advisory body on constitutional matters. Reports, documents, links.
The Venice Commission's constitutional case-law database.
- International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (ProQuest)
Indexes books, book chapters, and journals related to anthropology, economics, politics and sociology.
- Worldwide Political Science Abstracts (ProQuest)
Provides abstracts of journal articles, citations to book reviews, and abstracts of books, book chapters, dissertations and working papers in political science and international relations.
- International Political Science Abstracts (EBSCO)
Indexes journals related to political science, international relations.
- PAIS International (ProQuest)
Indexes journals and magazines related to global public policy and social issues.
- CIAO: Columbia International Affairs Online
Provides access to full-text documents and citations from international relations journals, and policy briefs by international think tanks.
Selected News Sources (online)
Browse online national and international newspapers, by country.
International and Canadian publications. Search by date, newspaper, author, keyword, subject.
Local, international news,legal sources.
- World News Connection
Full-text summaries of non-US newspaper articles, both translated and English language sources. Continues FBIS: Foreign Broadcast Information Service Electronic Index
- BBC Monitoring Country Profiles
Sorted by region, each country profile provides a map, short historical review, a timeline of key events, quick country facts, biography of the head of government, links to media in each country, and relevant news items.
Public Opinion Data and Related Resources
- European Commission: Public Opinion
Data from surveys and studies that address major topics concerning European citizenship.
- Eurobarometer Interactive Search System
- CESSDA - Council of European Social Science Data Archives
Data portal for social science data for secondary use.
- Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social - Research (ICPSR)
Data archive of more than 500,000 files of research in the social sciences.
- OECD iLibrary
The Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) has detailed statistics available for its 31 member countries. Information available includes a 100-indicator statistical profile per country, a statistics portal arranged by topic, and OECD publications. Information on non-member countries is also available as well, using the non-member drop-down menu.