michael [dot] david [dot] miller [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Email)• 514-398-7440
- McGill users only
- Open access resource
- Free resource
- In-library-use only
- Catalogue record
Selecting a topic
Refer to the handout, "Group Project" in D2L (My Courses).
Establish the practical importance of the topic
Search business magazines and trade publications for recent data.
Do keyword searches within the publication for your selected topic, for example: advertising and children, subliminal advertising, celebrity and endorsement, etc.
- Advertising Age
- Business Week
- Ad Week *Click on the button "Find it" and then choose the Expanded Academic ASAP version from the list.
- Marketing Magazine
- Wall Street Journal
Key Scholarly Journals
- Journal of Advertising Research
- Journal of Consumer Research
- Journal of Marketing
- Journal of Consumer Psychology
- Journal of Public Policy and Marketing
- Journal of Advertising
- Journal of Marketing Research
- Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science
- Journal of Macromarketing
- Psychology and Marketing
- Journal of Retailing
- Journal of Personality and Social Psychology
- Advances in Consumer Research
- Journal of Business Research
- International Journal of Research in Marketing
- ABI/INFORM (Search tips)
- Business Source Complete (Search tips)
- PsycINFO (Search tips)
- Emerald Intelligence (Search tips)
Search the databases below for scholarly information on your topic, save time and improve your results with the following search tips.
Search synonyms and related concepts. For example, if you a researching online advertising search for "Online or internet or web" and advertising. Use a thesaurus like Merriam-Webster to generate synonyms and related concepts.
Restrict your search to scholarly and peer reviewed journals by using the checkbox provided.
Use the checkbox to restrict results to full-text only.
Use the date range to restrict results to materials from the last fifteen years.
Restrict searches to selected journals only.
Restrict searches to a particular author.
From the results list, choose the abstract to determine if the article is relevant by reading the summary. Examine the indexing and choose the best subject heading from the links to find "more like this".
- Hoyer, W. D., & MacInnis, D. J. (2012). Consumer behavior. Boston: Houghton Mifflin.
- The art of presenting : getting it right in the post-modern world
- Presentation zen: simple ideas on presentation design and delivery
- Slide:ology : the art and science of creating great presentations
- Power points: how to design and deliver presentations that sizzle
- Presentation skills for quivering wrecks
Garr Reynolds author of Presentation Zen
Creating Powerful Presentations webinar by Nancy Duarte