michael [dot] david [dot] miller [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Email)• 514-398-7440
- McGill users only
- Open access resource
- Free resource
- In-library-use only
- Catalogue record
Who is our client?
Start at the client's website then search the news databases for any recent articles in the media. Also good for media scanning on the industry :
- CBCA Complete - News from Canadian newspapers and journals.
- Newscan - News from Canadian newspapers and journals--particularly good for French content.
Limit your results by 'trade journal'.
- CBCA Complete - Canadian newspapers and journals.
- Business Source Complete- American trade journals
- ABI Inform - American trade journals
Budgeting - Advertising
- Use CARD to determine rates for advertising in Canadian newspapers, magazines etc as well as circulation statistics
- Use ICRIQ for Quebec manufacturers and industrial service companies. Go to 'advanced search' in order to browse companies by industry using NAICS (North American Industry Classification System)
- Use Mergent Online and limit by NAICS to determine lists of large public companies by industry.
- Use Associations Canada. Limit by category, organization type, and province.
- Use the AUCC website to find universities by program type.
- See also the Corporate Knights annual ranking for sustainability programs at Canadian universities.
Check out our handy Google cheat sheet for internet searching tips.