Collections: Relocation Update
Updated November 20, 2013
The Life Sciences collection has merged into the Schulich Library of Science and Engineering and the Main Education collection has moved to the 2nd floor of the McLennan Library Building. Back runs of journals and very low use monographs from our Science, Medicine, Engineering and Education collections are now located in the McGill Library Storage facility in the Currie Gym Building. Material will be retrieved from our storage facility regularly beginning in early January 2014.
If you have ANY questions or need a book right away, please contact any Librarian and they will work with you on sourcing the title.
Life Sciences/Schulich Library
- Collection update:
- The Schulich Science and Engineering circulating collection and the Life Sciences material are now available on the shelves at the Schulich Library of Science and Engineering.
- Should you need any assistance locating an item or requesting an item through interlibrary loans, please contact a library staff member at your branch.
- Extremely low use material is being shipped to our storage facility at the Currie Gym. It will be retrieved on an "on demand" basis beginning later in the term. Currie materials that are needed before then will be sourced through Interlibrary Loan.
Thursday, October 24
Education/Humanities & Social Sciences Library
- Collection update:
- Books from the Education Main Collection are now available on the shelves of the Humanities & Social Sciences Library (2nd floor).
- Material that is not on the shelf from this collections (i.e. print journals, theses, special projects) is temporarily unavailable. Should you need any assistance locating an item or requesting an item through interlibrary loans, please contact staff at the Curriculum Resources Centre (514-398-5726, education [dot] library [at] mcgill [dot] ca).
- Microfilm has been relocated to another section on the second floor and to closed storage in McLennan. Please visit the service desk in McLennan for assistance.
- The Services Desk at the Curriculum Resources Centre is open. A Library Assistant will provide service (e.g. field general questions, assist in the circulation of reserve collection and inter branch loans, etc.) in the Curriculum Resources Centre from 9am to 1 pm and from 2 pm to 5 pm Monday through Friday, beginning September 3rd.
- Children's/YA Literature, Curriculum Resources, reserve materials and audio/visual collections are available at the Curriculum Resources Centre.
- Librarians will be scheduled to provide office hours/consultation to our Education users in the Education consultation area. Librarians will also continue to provide individual consults and give instruction in a range of locations, to meet the needs of faculty and students.
Education liaison librarian office hours
Monday: 11 AM - 1 PM
Tuesday: 11 AM - 1 PM
Wednesday: 3 PM - 5 PM
Friday: 10 AM - 12 PM