The Research Commons is a new technology-enhanced, collaborative space that brings together services and resources to support researchers. The Commons includes spaces, support, and equipment for integrating technology and research.
- Data visualization wall that can display large amounts of data on a large screen at a high resolution to allow for complex data manipulations and fine-level examination of images
- Access to 3D printers, a 3D scanner, and software with the goal of making training and hands-on experience with 3D printing technology available to everyone in the McGill community
- Access to virtual and augmented reality equipment
- Flexible small group meeting spaces, reservable for consultations and for collaborative work among researchers, design teams, research and industry partnerships, etc.
- Presentation and large group meeting space, reservable for workshops and training programs, large research group meetings, and a place for researchers to practice presenting
- Workshops and training programs: some examples include workshops on data visualization, 3D design and printing, researching and writing a business plan, copyright, author’s rights, presentation skills, grant writing, research ethics, data management, thesis and dissertation writing retreats, and start-up boot camps.
Please direct any questions you may have to research.commons [at] mcgill.ca