The Tax Justice Research Symposium aims to bring together academic researchers and graduate students, investigative journalists and campaigners to exchange information on tax justice research being done, identify research needs and gaps and develop strategies to facilitate research and collaboration between researchers and campaigners.
Opening talk: "Global Research Agenda on Tax Justice" with John Christensen (Tax Justice Network, UK)
Topics will include:
- Making corporations pay their fair share of taxes
- Taxing inequality
- Provincial and municipal fiscal challenges and solutions
- Tax reform and closing tax loopholes
- Tackling tax evasion and avoidance
- Taxing to save the environment
- Exploring the tax justice research gaps
There is a $25 registration fee for the Symposium, which includes lunch.
Register online: www.taxfairness.ca/civicrm/event/info?id=2&reset=1