Other services and resources
For room bookings, please see our section on Room Requests for Law Staff and Students.
- All 1st year students have been pre-assigned a locker by the Student Affairs Office (SAO); please use only the one assigned to you. If you use an unassigned locker, you risk the chance of having the lock cut and the contents removed by Security Services.
- The locker assignments list for 1st year students will be posted in the NCDH Basement and on the SAO Bulletin Boards in early September.
- Some locker areas are gender specific. It there was an error in assigning you to the wrong area, please contact the SAO at info [dot] law [at] mcgill [dot] ca; another locker will be assigned.
- All upper year students may choose any ½ sized locker. Once you have chosen a locker, please send an email to info [dot] law [at] mcgill [dot] ca identify which locker # you have chosen. Please not the word "Locker" in the subject line.
- Try not to leave food in your lockers as it may attract unwanted guests.
- Please be considerate to the next user of the locker: keep it clean.
- During the month of August, the SAO will send out notices requesting all students to vacate the locker so that they may be cleaned for the next academic year. Students who will not be returning in the fall term, should remember to empty their locker.
- Students who for whatever reason need to have their lock cut from their locker must contact Security Services directly. Students must present their McGill ID card, identify the contents of the locker and complete an incident report with the security patroller. Security Operations Centre functions 24/7 and can be reached by dialing (514) 398–4556 at all hours.
- Should you have any problems, such as not having been assigned a locker or any other questions, email info [dot] law [at] mcgill [dot] ca.
Lost and found
If you have lost something while in either Law building, NCDH and OCDH, then you should visit the following locations: LSA offices or the porter's office, located in Room N 2/1 of the Stewart Biological Building (phone number: 514-398-5078). Found articles are kept for one week. If the articles go unclaimed, they are forwarded to the University Lost and Found Office in the Ferrier Building.
Articles are kept in the Lost and Found Office for 60 days; if they are unclaimed during that time, they are given to a recognized charitable organization.
Lost articles may also be reported to the Downtown Security Services Department online report form.
For more information, visit McGill's Security Services's Lost and Found web page: Lost and Found Downtown
Commissioner of Oaths for current registered students
The services of a Commissioner for Oaths (Commissaire à l’assermentation) are available to currently registered students at the Faculty of Law.
Commissioner of Oaths services are available at McGill's Service Point during their regular operating hours (Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri: 10:00-16:00; Wed: 10:00-19:00).
Posting notices within the Faculty of Law
Notices and posters must be submitted to the Deputy Building Director or the SAO for approval prior to posting. No posters are allowed anywhere other than on the notice boards provided for that purpose.
Posters must not be applied to glass, on doors or on wood panelling.
Posters that are not approved (stamped) by the SAO and/or found in an unauthorized location will be removed.
McGill alcoholic beverages policy
The objective of the McGill Alcoholic Beverages Policy is to ensure the responsible and safe use of alcohol on campus. In particular, this policy places full responsibility both on servers of alcohol and sponsors of events, to be responsible for the actions of those served, and to respect University Policies and Provincial Laws.
Liquor must be served/sold in accordance with the General Regulations concerning the use of Alcohol on Campus. A Liquor License is required for all events serving or selling liquor.
For more information, please go to McGill's Events Bookings & Alcohol Permits Administration web site.
At McGill, permission for on-campus outdoor events is coordinated by the Department of Campus and Space Planning. For more information, please go to the Planning Office's section on Outdoor Events, which has a request form, guidelines and other information.