Important information for undergraduate students
What are you looking for?
- To find out what advising services are available and how to get an appointment, see Advising.
- For deadlines on essays, assignments, as well as examination weeks and more, see Deadlines.
- For course registration and priority registration deadlines, prerequisites and restrictions, the S/U option, and proof of registration, see Registration.
- For information on registration, add-drop period, withdrawals, priority registration, restrictions and prerequisites, see Course registration.
- For a complete set of clinical legal education opportunities, ranging from mooting and internships, to clerkships and legal methodology assistantships, consult the Clinical Legal Education section.
- Law students from McGill who wish to go on exchange, or students from other law faculties who wish to come on exchange here should consult the Exchanges and study-away pages. The Summer Programs also offer opportunities for studying abroad.
- See Examination policies for info on laptop exams, exam numbers, take-home exams, scheduling date conflicts, deferred & supplemental exams, grade reviews, etc.
- See Extensions for the Faculty's regulations on extensions for the submission of assignments.
- If you are finishing your program, you should know what steps to follow before Graduation.
- The Faculty has a number of bursaries, prizes and scholarships for continuing and graduating students. See Faculty prizes & scholarships and Discretionary prizes & scholarships for more information.
- Find out how to get your Transcripts or see the current Grades distribution table.
- If you do not find exactly what you are looking for, you can also consult the Faculty of Law online calendar for more information on programs, courses and University regulations for the Faculty.
- How to clarify with a potential employer what a BCL/LLB degree represents in various North American juridictions [CDO website].
Service Point is McGill's integrated front-line administrative services for students. Among their services, they offer:
- certified or translated copies of diplomas
- help with admissions
- help with Minerva
- international health insurance card & exemptions
- McGill ID cards
- official transcript pick-up
- proof of enrolment letters
- replacement diplomas
- student exchanges/study abroad
- submitting legal documents
- tuition & fees info
- pick-up of alternative US Loans
Service Point is located at 3415 McTavish Street, in the McLennan library building at street level.