myCourses - Important changes for summer 2011
Attention instructors and administrators using myCourses:
The information stored in myCourses is growing and requires us to move pre-Fall 2010 courses to a separate server. Rest assured you will not lose access to any of your courses on the system.
Please note the following events and changes, which will impact you over the summer as you plan your courses for the coming year:
From Monday, July 18 to Friday, August 19:
- Fall 2011 course shells will be available and you can start copying your courses from Fall 2010 only.
- To do this, sign into myCourses at www.mcgill.ca/mycourses or the myMcGill portal, but click the link “Instructors: Copy Fall 2010 courses”.
- If you need to copy courses from any semester other than Fall 2010, send a request to ICS Service Desk at 514-398-3398 (support [dot] ist [at] mcgill [dot] ca).
A 12-hour downtime for myCourses is scheduled for the last summer Friday, August 19, from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Starting August 19th (after the scheduled downtime):
- You will be able to copy courses from both Winter 2011 and Fall 2010; click the link “myCourses: Fall 2010 and later” from the myCourses website or myMcGill portal.
- If you ever need to copy courses from Summer 2010 or earlier, send a request to ICS Service Desk at 514-398-3398 (support [dot] ist [at] mcgill [dot] ca).
As an outcome of these changes, starting after the August 19 downtime, on www.mcgill.ca/mycourses and myMcGill, both students and instructors will see two links available:
- myCourses: Fall 2010 and later
- myCourses (archived): Summer 2010 and earlier
Also note that scheduled maintenance downtimes for myCourses have been posted in advance for the coming term. See myCourses scheduled downtimes for 2011-2012. Please plan your courses with these dates in mind.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the ICS Service Desk.