blogs.mcgill.ca – a place to share knowledge and voice your opinion
Did you know that McGill has its own Blogs site? Blogs (web logs) are web spaces that allow users to read targeted communications on specific topics of interest and contribute to open discussions by commenting on the postings. All content posted is reviewed by the blog moderator.
- Blog entries can display graphics and media as well as formatted text.
- Easy to use editing tools and predesigned templates for contributors.
- Ability to categorize blog entries and "tag" them with keywords.
- The ability for end users to search all McGill blogs by name or description and find blog entries by keyword tags.
- Ability to subscribe to blogs and threads via RSS.
- Links to Blogging Guidelines and the blogs.mcgill.ca service description in the IT Knowledge Base.
Check out the site at http://blogs.mcgill.ca.
Departments, faculties and other groups at McGill may request to set up their own blogs for specific subjects. Current blogs include: Faculty of Science, School of Environment, Economic Task Force, Web Editors, a Beta Blog for the McGill web site, and more.