Facilities and Space Management System (FAMIS)
To be used primarily by the Campus and Space Planning Office (CSP) and Facilities Operations and Development (FOD):
- Provide an accurate inventory of all spatial data;
- Manage the planning, design and construction/renovation process;
- Track all facilities operations from the initial service request, to fulfilling the work order and finally to customer billing.
For a complete service description, including how to request/use Famis, FAQs and support information, please see FAMIS in the IT Knowledge Base.
January to November 2012 - Final implementation phase
The following modules will be implemented at the Macdonald Campus starting May 2012 and at the Downtown Campus in Fall 2012:
- Service Request Module: Employees will be able to submit a service request electronically from the Famis website, and follow the status of their request.
- Maintenance Management Module: Allows the Facilities unit to manage service requests and work orders. Replaces the current Maximo system.
- Inventory Control Module: Allows the Facilities unit to manage inventory in their stockrooms.
Normand Laguë, Project Management Office