IT Services is launching a new service called Video @ McGill. This Office 365 component allows faculty and staff members to request a video channel, where they can upload video content and grant viewing permissions to students, faculty and staff members.
Students can also upload content when given the appropriate permissions by the channel owner.
Think of it as McGill's own private and secure YouTube service.
Key features of Video @ McGill:
- Videos can be streamed to mobile or desktop devices, with no special software.
- Each video channel can hold up to 1 TB of content (approximately 500 hours of video).
- A wide variety of video formats is supported.
- Channel access can be restricted to specific groups or open to the general McGill community.
- Users can browse the public video channels or discover video content through the Office 365 Delve search engine.
- Videos can be shared and integrated into Yammer conversations.
Video is an effective and powerful medium for teaching and conveying information, and summer is the ideal time to start planning your next creative video project.
Submit a request for your own video channel.