These optional steps may become necessary for those who are trying to connect to the BANREP database but are experiencing long delays (2 to 20 minutes) or delayed authentications that eventually cause the program to cease to respond.
- Go Start > Control Panel.
- Select Administrative Tools > Data Sources (ODBC).
- On the System DSN tab, click Add.
- Select the Microsoft ODBC for Oracle driver from the list and click Finish.
- Enter a Data Source Name. Example: BANREP_usingMS_ODBC
- Enter a Description. Example: BANREP
- Enter a User Name. This must be your DAS username
- Enter a Server. Example: BANREP
- Click OK.
- Open up Crystal 11 and go to New Report.
- Expand Create New Connection > ODBC (RDO) and double-click Make New Connection (instead of 'Create New Connection' > 'Oracle Server').
- Select the data source you created above Example: BANREP_usingMS_ODBC and click Next.
- Enter your password and click Finish.
Note: This solution can be used when databases other than BANREP are working slowly.