Faculty of Arts
The Faculty of Arts Internship Office assists returning undergraduate and graduate students who wish to pursue short-term internships before completing their studies. All returning Arts students are welcome to meet with an internship advisor who can help them identify internship opportunities suited to their educational and career objectives.
Arts Internships allow students to obtain practical experience in their field prior to graduation. McGill Arts students have completed internships in Montreal and around the world – from New York to Nairobi, from Vancouver to Venice.
Whether it’s working on environmental conservation in Northern Quebec, learning trade and diplomacy at a Canadian embassy in Latin America, supporting indigenous people’s advocacy in South Africa, or working at a Hollywood film production company, there are hundreds of opportunities that can provide Arts students with an education far beyond the classroom.
- Interns can work with an approved host institution or organization almost anywhere in the world (generally 8-12 weeks, with a minimum of 150 hours)
- Students can take an Internship Course offered by many departments and programs to U2, U3 and graduate students the semester following their internship (CGPA of 2.7 and departmental permission required). Earn 3 credits towards your degree by submitting a major academic paper on an aspect of your internship
- Students can apply for a Faculty of Arts Internship Award to help offset travel and living expenses associated with your internship
The Arts Internship Office also assists students who wish to find their own internships. Our website provides students with access to internship postings and a database of over 1200 host organizations with preexisting internship programs. It endeavors to build long-term partnerships with organizations in Canada and abroad in order to establish unique internship opportunities for Arts students. These positions are advertised on campus throughout the year and on our listserv and website.
- Advising appointments are available. To book an appointment, visit the Arts Internship Contact page.
- See our events calendar
- See resources to help you find an internship
- Sign up for the Arts Internship Office listserv to keep up to date
Please note that the Internship Database is temporarily unavailable.
Arts Internship Office Leacock Building, 307
aio [at] mcgill [dot] ca
9 am-12 pm, 2 pm-5 pm.