Note: you can download the information provided below in PDF format by clicking here: Information for Local Community Partners [.pdf]
Applicants are required to provide a letter of support from a community partner as part of their PFF Community Leadership Program application package.
For both types of community partners, applicants are required to provide a letter of support as part of their PFF Community Leadership Program application package.
- If you are a decision-maker in a sponsoring organization, your letter of support must include a description of the sponsoring organization, an endorsement of the project and its potential significance to the organization, and a commitment by the organization to support, advise and guide the student during the project should the applicant receive and accept the Fellowship.
- If you are not a sponsoring organization, your letter must explain your role in the community, your endorsement of the project and its potential significance to the community. It may be helpful if you show direct participation in the applicant’s project.
When providing a letter of support for an applicant, please indicate your name, position, full contact information at your institution and address (if applicable). If this is not possible, the reason(s) should be clearly indicated in the letter of support.
Please feel free to also include:
- How long and in what capacity you have known the applicant.
- General comments about the suitability of the applicant’s proposed project for the community in question.
- Any additional comments that may be relevant.
Letters must be submitted by 12 PM (EST), January 11, 2013, by email. Late letters will not be considered.
- Electronic letters must be sent as attachments and must be in PDF (.pdf) format. Files saved in any other format will not be accepted.
- The email subject line must be: PFF LETTER OF SUPPORT FOR [LASTNAME, FIRSTNAME].
Please email letters to anne [dot] turner [at] mcgill [dot] ca.