Quick Links

Open work permit for spouses

Open Work Permit for Spouses

Your spouse or common-law partner may apply for a Work Permit if you are a full-time McGill student and you have a valid Study Permit. Your spouse/partner will not require a job offer to apply, and his/her permit will be valid for the same period as your study permit.

CIC application fee: $155 + new $100 fee (as of Feb. 21, 2015) = $255

For instructions on how to fill out the CIC online application, please review our Work Permit Application Guide.

For more details, visit the "Spouse or Common-Law Partner" page of Citizenship and Immigration Canada website.