Quebec Daycare is subsidized by the government and fees are $7/day, however space in these facilities is extremely limited and applicants are typically on a long waitlist.
If you are not eligible or are having difficulty securing a place for your child, there are private daycares throughout the city.
Affiliated with McGill’s Chaplaincy Services, the McGill Student Parents Network, along side student volunteers, offer respite for students who are parents by organizing communal activities, monthly meetings and family gatherings.
McGill Childcare Centre (Centre de la Petite Enfance de McGill)
- Non-for-profit child care service through McGill University
- Holds permits from the City of Montreal and Quebec government
- Service available for children between 4 months and 5 years of age
- For more information and eligibility criteria please see the McGill Childcare Centre website.
- Operated by the Students Society of McGill University
- Service available for children between 18 months and 5 years of age
- First priority is given to children of undergraduate students
- Children of graduate students and faculty may be accepted if the needs of the undergraduates have been met
- For more information and to apply for the waiting list please, visit SSMU's website