Quick Links

Contact Us

Social Insurance Number (SIN)

The Social Insurance Number (SIN) is a nine-digit number that you need to work in Canada. Detailed information about obtaining a Social Insurance Number can be found on the Service Canada website. For a quick overview, view the Social Insurance Number Factsheet.

Be a buddy

If you're a current McGill student and would like to be a Buddy to a new international student, please fill out the form below. Be sure to click "Submit" at the bottom of the form to finalize your request. For further information, contact ISS.

[ Resource src value form_international_student_buddy_volunteer.inc ]

Request for extended International Health Insurance

Extended Health Insurance for international students

McGill International Student Health Insurance plan has been extended to cover expenses related to Emergency Medical Care, Basic Health and Supplementary Health benefits, as well as Accidental Dismemberment and Repatriation, for international students participating in a study away program.

International students are eligible if you meet the following criteria:

  • You are a student registered at McGill University, covered under McGill’s International Student Health Insurance plan - contract no.

Canadian non-resident sign-up form

Non-resident Canadian students who are not eligible for a Canadian health plan and have no insurance coverage or whose private insurance is not adequate, have the option of enrolling on McGill's International Student Health Insurance Plan. To do so they must complete the form below no later than September 30 (Fall Term) or January 31 (Winter Term).

Processing for the Fall session will be done between August 15 and September 30. Winter processing will be done between December 15 and January 31.