US Citizens & US Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders)

After you have received your CAQ, you can apply for the Study Permit at the Port of Entry (border or airport – no application form required). You will need to have on hand:

  • your valid passport
  • your CAQ
  • your letter of acceptance from McGill (available on Minerva)
  • a photocopy of your proof of financial capacity
  • the processing fee of $150 CAD (CAD or US cash, debit or credit card accepted)

If you are a minor (under 18 years of age), please also have copies of your custodianship documents on hand.