What kind of immigration information do you need today?
- I am applying for immigration documents from outside of Canada
- I am renewing my immigration documents from within Canada
- My immigration documents have expired - what should I do?
- I am inviting family to visit
- I plan to travel to the US and may need a visa
- I want to know about becoming a permanent resident of Canada
As of June 1st, all NEW Study Permits* will automatically include an Off-Campus Work authorization. Details HERE.
*exclusion: full-time ESL or FSL students
How do I correct an error on my CIC immigration document?
These are the instructions provided on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website:
If there is an error on your immigration document:
- complete a Request to Amend Record of Landing, Confirmation of Permanent Residence or Valid Temporary Resident Documents form, and
- send it to the Query Response Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.
International Student Services (ISS) provides information regarding immigration documents (i.e. Study Permits, CAQ, Temporary Resident Visas, Work Permits) required for international students to study or work at McGill.
Please note that ISS cannot provide advice to you, or act on your behalf, on such immigration matters. Our website provides links to Immigration Quebec and Citizenship and Immigration Canada where complete information, application forms and instructions are available.