Contract year is defined as each McGill University academic year period from September 1 to August 31 of the following year. Your coverage becomes effective at the latest of the following dates:
- date on which you register at McGill University
- date on which you arrive in Canada
- August 15, for the semester starting September 1 or
- December 15, for the semester starting January 1 or
- April 15 for the semester starting May 1
To activate your coverage, you must confirm your health insurance contract on Minerva, under International Student Health Insurance Coverage Form.
Get detailed information about your International Health Insurance coverage in the Blue Cross Handbook.
You can also learn more about coverage for: