CAQ Application Guide
2. Certificate of Acceptance of Quebec (CAQ)
1st time: Apply for your CAQ as soon as you've been admitted to McGill.
2nd, 3rd, 4th time: If renewing, apply 3 - 4 months before current CAQ expires.
- The application is completed online and the processing fee ($108 CAD) can be paid by credit card.
- Post-application, you will receive a checklist of the supporting documents to mail to Immigration Quebec’s office (address provided on the checklist).
- For the start and end date of your program, indicate approximate dates for the duration of your entire degree (example: 3 years, 4 years, etc).
- If your checklist includes a request for proof of financial capacity, your parents (or financial guardians) should provide a confirmation of their annual salary and/or investments/savings indicating that they can cover tuition and fees plus one year of living expenses. For living expenses, Immigration Quebec requires a minimum of $1,000 per month.
- Scan and save a copy of your documents before sending them, as you will be uploading some of these documents directly to your Study Permit application.
- Use either registered mail or a courrier service when sending documents (to track the documents and have proof they've been received).
- If you are applying for U.S. government aid, please note that a copy of your application for aid will not be sufficient: the approval of aid awarded will be required.