Quick Links

work permit

Study permit application: significant delays expected / Demandes de permis d'études : anticipation de retards importants

Tue, 2013-06-25 17:35

The following message is being sent to all new and continuing international students by Enrolment Services:


Citizenship and Immigration Canada advises that it is experiencing a labour dispute and that anyone applying for a study permit should anticipate delays and submit their application as far in advance as possible.

Study Permit, Work Permit & Visa Delays

Wed, 2013-06-12 14:56

Canada's Immigration Officers on Strike

The following update was posted on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website:

Notice – Strike Action

June 11, 2013
— The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) union is currently taking strike action. PAFSO union members responsible for processing visa applications have been walking out of offices in Canada and overseas.

Entry Visa (TRV) Application Guide

  How to Apply for an Entry Visa (TRV) from within Canada

Before you start: ensure that you have a valid passport, CAQ and Study Permit. Your new entry visa (TRV) will not be valid beyond the expiry dates of these documents.

Work Permit Application Guide

For students applying from within Canada

As of June 1st, 2014, all NEW Study Permits will automatically include an Off-Campus Work authorization (see CIC notice).

Before you start, make sure you understand which type of work permit is right for you.