Quick Links

International Student Services


Please note that our offices will be CLOSED on Monday, September 1st for Labour Day.

New International Students: join us!

Room 4300 of the Brown Student Services Building (3600 McTavish)

New International Students are cordially invited to an

Orientation Info-Session

on Immigration, Health Insurance, Montreal, and an overview of great post-orientation activities!

Confirm your International Student Health Insurance on Minerva today!  Details here.

New international student arriving at the Montreal Trudeau Airport between Aug. 4 - Sept. 2?  Enjoy special privileges by registering for:

Accueil Plus airport reception service

Are you a new international student who wants to connect with a current McGill student?  Or perhaps you're a current student who wants to make a difference in the life of a new student? Whether it's to request a Buddy or volunteer to be a Buddy, check out the:

The International Buddy Program

(for undergraduate AND graduate students)

What’s your story? What unforgettable moments have you experienced in your international education journey? What did you learn?

Share your International Education Story! 

Enter the 4th Annual CBIE Photo and Video Contest

Please note:

International Student Services (ISS) provides information regarding immigration documents (i.e. Study Permits, CAQ, Temporary Resident Visas, Work Permits) required for  international students to study or work at McGill. 

Please note that ISS cannot provide advice to you, or act on your behalf, on such immigration matters.  Our website provides links to Immigration Quebec and Citizenship and Immigration Canada where complete information, application forms and instructions are available.

International students seeking information on immigrating to Canada can check the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website as well as the Quebec Immigration website.