Banner for administrative staff (INB)
What is Banner?
Banner is an Oracle™ enterprise database used by McGill University to store all student, employee and financial data. While the database itself is called Banner, there are several user interfaces and systems that access this data:
- Internet Native Banner (INB)- also referred to as simply "Banner", is a web-based interface used by administrative staff to perform the tasks for which they are responsible. It is not used by students or instructors.
- Minerva - a web interface used by students, faculty, and administrative staff, for both self-service and administrative tasks.
- Data Warehouse (DWH) - a snapshot of data from Banner that is refreshed nightly.
- POPS (Payroll One-time Payment System) - a software used to pay casual employees.
- Application Xtender - a plug-in to Banner, used for scanning documents and indexing them in Banner
For Banner (INB)
|For ...||See ...|
|Login and authorization||Login procedures
|Permanent or temporary removal of access/
permissions for Transfer or Termination (TNT)
|SIS Access Removal or Reinstatement|
|Training on Banner||IT Training or call
|How-tos, field descriptions and
videos for using Banner forms
|Banner Documentation Index
Also from the Banner toolbar described below.
|Service descriptions||Banner (INB)
Banner UserID and Password
|Solutions to INB installation
and usability issues
|Help with Banner access or
|ICS Service Desk or call 514-398-3398|
|Information on scheduled and
|Service status block of the IT Services website|
|Help with Finance system
|Finance Help Desk or call 514-398-FINE (3463)
Finance Knowledge Base
|Help with faculty/departmental policy on Banner or the
correct data to enter
You may also call
514-398-4747 (HR) or
|Information on document imaging
|In the Banner toolbar: Clicking on the book icon at the top right of the toolbar also displays the Documentation Index.
The question mark icon displays the online help facility provided by Sungard SCT, and is not controlled by McGill
For Minerva, Data Warehouse, and POPS
|For ...||See ...|
|Training on Minerva/POPS||IT Training or call 514-398-4610|
|Information on Minerva||Minerva for faculty and staff
Minerva for students
What's the difference between Banner and Minerva?
|Information on POPS||HR Administrators tab of the HR website. Log into the page and select Tools > POPS Software.|
|Information on Data Warehouse (DWH) and reporting tools||Data Warehouse service description
DWH refresh schedule
Accessing Financial Information for Reporting Purposes - Web and Crystal Report Templates
SIS authorization form (includes access for Data Warehouse)