ICAN is about rights
The strength of ICAN is in the people who are involved in each country, raising awareness of rights and helping people access rights and entitlements under their own power. From the staff, volunteers and beneficiaries at RBCP centres in the Middle East, to the leadership of ICAN Israel, ICAN Jordan and ICAN Palestine, our people put rights at the centre of their work.
ICAN offers many opportunities to get involved. Whether you make a financial contribution or give your time as a Volunteer, Social Work Mentor, Event Organizer or in another role, ICAN welcomes your support.
All donations, large and small, are greatly appreciated and contribute to ICAN's ongoing success. Every dollar donated triples in value on the ground. Donations may be directed toward ICAN in Montreal or to ICAN in one of the countries where we are active.
All donors receive a charitable tax receipt and contribute to a stronger, more equitable Middle East.
ICAN Giving Options
Your contribution impacts our work at every level. Below are but a few of our funding needs:
- $50 helps one case from an Open-Door Clinic access rights and entitlements, working together with trained volunteers and staff
- $750 fully revitalizes the home of a low-income family in Palestine or Jordan. More than 600 families enjoy safe and secure housing, and a better quality of life, thanks to this program
- $5,000 provides a volunteer training program at one of our centres, such as one recently held in Sderot, Israel, developing new community leaders in marginalized neighbourhoods
- $25,000 supports one community organizer in one of our centers for a year
- $100,000 supports a two-year fellowship at McGill University for an emerging civil society leader. There are 53 graduates leading change in the Middle East.
How to Contribute
You can give to ICAN using McGill University's secure online form. Please be sure that McGill Middle East Program is specified in the 'My Gift' section of the form. To donate online, by credit card, click on one of the "support" buttons on the right. Your giving selection will be auto-filled on the form (second screen).
You can also call us at (514) 398-6717 and pay by credit card (Mastercard or Visa), or fax us your name, address, and credit card information (type of card, credit card number, date of expiration and the amount of your donation). Our fax number is: (514) 398-7241.
To pay by cheque, please make your tax deductible donation payable to: McGill Middle East Program (you may also designate to Palestine, Israel or Jordan). Our mailing address can be found at the bottom of this page.